Mogwai live in May (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Jimcorr
Thats hilarious...!
It will never be the same again..

Classic mis-hearing of lyrics, part 2348

like the ould stone roses "mersey paradise" where for years i though he was singing "liverpool's where i belong, in my mersey paradise" but its "river cool's where i belong"
dhhhuh me, they's mancs
duhhh

There's only one song with vocals on the new mogwai album apparantly and it's john cummings and barry burns doing the vocals i think.
also a track with no guitars on it which should be interesting.

Originally posted by conor
o, now i get it, they're all instrumental bands - sure just fuck them all in the same bucket, right? sure its all 'post-rock' eh? *puke*

it's all pretty played the fuck out. mogwai sound like 'one' by metallica without any of the good bits.

go listen to lightning bolt, dogg
peace,

andy

Originally posted by Knacker
I heard Mugway are the new Scientific Bong

don't joke kid.

you should have gone to that RTS benefit on sunday.
it was straight off the tits. get them to play at wan of your ballrooms!

andy

i have a flyer at home from a constellation mail order and its from a gig in 99 in montreal : labradford, low and godspeed.....all on the one bill. I think i just come! Godspeed also supported the mogwai in amerikay if i ain't mistaken.

hey coraline, the will oldham birds song is on an e.p. called blue lotus feet - I'll make ya a copy if ya want? giz a message thing...

alot of 'instrumental rock(with elements of klassical and/or jazz)' music can be a bit samey these days but i reckon mogwai and godspeed (excepting their last album which is their soooo boring - a huge disappointment )and the first fly pan am album all are pretty good at it. the first jimmy cake album rocks more than te most recent (which is a bit too cleanly recorded for my tastes) but they are "the best live band in ireland" not the rednecks. such joyous noise. then again maybee they're just the irish godspeed due to the having so many members? but by that logic then the polyphonic spree are great - um - no they're not! they're just like prozac for depressed beachboys fans (lets all go to see em in roscommon!).......this has gotten strange...sorry....:confused:

Originally posted by Knacker
Who? Mog-gai?
I prezoom you mean Scientific Bong...
Ah yeah... might have a chat to you about that.

hey - what happened your old signature?!
i found it most perplexing or very coincidental...!!!!

most of scientific bong post to eirecore so they're pretty easy to get hold of.

andy

ps - other guy - low, godspeed and labradford sounds really really boring.
i also thought you said that Pg.99 were on that bill - now that'd be ill.

no dude. "gig in 99"
sure if we were all the same wouldn't the world be a boring place.
i
t sounds like the kinds gig where a bean bag or a sleeping bag would be necessary. cool.

do you like the loud rock music? oh it hurts my ears says "other guy".

opinions are like nipples. everyone got them...

Originally posted by spectraljanitor
no dude. "gig in 99"
sure if we were all the same wouldn't the world be a boring place.
i
t sounds like the kinds gig where a bean bag or a sleeping bag would be necessary. cool.

do you like the loud rock music? oh it hurts my ears says "other guy".

opinions are like nipples. everyone got them...

i only like hip hop, i wouldn't worry about it
adios,

andy

hiphop! - white folks CNN: we get tofind out what our u.s. ghetto brethern are doing!

are you a def jux or an anticon homie?

check out www.blacknasty.net - bad taste fake hiphop!

i only listen to MF Doom, 50 Cent and Jedi Mind Tricks
like rakim said - i ain't no joke.

andy

Originally posted by dragonninja6000
it's all pretty played the fuck out. mogwai sound like 'one' by metallica without any of the good bits.

you definitely got a point, some of their stuff sounds dated and done to death but i think there's plenty of newer acts producing fresh sounding stuff in the same mold. i think there's always room for someone to push any style of music forward/sideways a bit and give it a new aspect. i think in any genre of music once you've listened to x amount of it you get tired of it. anyways no hiding behind the fact that our own stuff is influenced by mogwai/tarentel but i'd like to think (mibbe fooling myself) that we're not just going through the motions ;)

alot of 'instrumental rock (with elements of klassical and/or jazz)' music can be a bit samey these days but i reckon mogwai and godspeed (excepting their last album which is their soooo boring - a huge disappointment) and the first fly pan am album all are pretty good at it.

for me you could add anything by do make say think, explosions in the sky, sonna and tarentel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back