Modric opts for Spurs (1 Viewer)

Hmmm, Villa is also a very different player to Berbatov. Can't see him linking up with Keane in the same way or to the same effect. Robbie out?

villa and valencia have had a really poor season. he hasn't played well. his star may be on the wane.

while they're flattering to deceive i mean, before they have to play a proper team.

Theory of choice round Spurs way is that Ramos doesn't want Keane long term and so he's subbing him all the time a-la Jermaine Defoe.

Keane has already thrown his rattle out of the pram mid game as a result.

Expect Keane to lose the captaincy next season.

villa and valencia have had a really poor season. he hasn't played well. his star may be on the wane.

One poor season for him in a side that's become a shambles ... I dunno I still think he's shown flashes of brilliance. Scored a great volley for Spain a month or so ago. The main reason I think he'll go for big money is that it's likely that Real and Barca will be looking closely at him this summer and neither were sniffing around Torres last year, Real for the obvious reason and Barca because having just bought Henry they didn't think with the 4 they had plus Giovanni and Bojan they'd need him. On the other hand there'll be a lot of really good players up for grabs this summer, buyers market.

I always thought that up till this season he was a better player than Torres, he's certainly more naturally gifted and skillful yet doesn't have the same physical gifts. If Spain weren't perennial fuckups those 2 up front would be frightening.

well, i hope he's still got it, i do. i'm just speculating on how only spurs are in for him when two years ago chelsea and the rest were sniffing around. the shambles at valencia can't have done much for his confidence. they're brittle little flowers, really, aren't they?

barca might be in as well, seeing as eto'o (at elast) is probably leaving. this summer is gonna be upheaval for europes creme de la creme, seeing as the team that came fourth in the premiership cam closer to the final of the champions league than the winners of italy, spain, germany, france..etc.

i'll set em up, you knock em down

accidentally walked past the emirates today, coincidentally. i cycle down the holloway road all the time but never walked until this afternoon and there it was. massive. gooners everywhere, musta been a match on. new kits are awful. i had pjamas like the away shirt when i was 8

The Emirates cup.
Double bill
We were playing Juve, Average age of the team was and I shit you not Oh Shit! was 20 and a 1/2.
We lost 1-0 to a VERY offside goal but we were all over them, they defended well as Italian teams do.
Real won the earlier match vs Hamburg 2-1.

Not a bad home debut for Bentley.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bent's had a really good Summer - 12 goals in total.
Lennon's goal was a cracker - Giovanni looks pretty good.

As always, I've got a good feeling about Spurs this year. They might not win anything or even finish high in the table, but they're going to play some great football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back