Mixers for noise music (1 Viewer)

mackle

Ok so for anyone who plays noise music could you tell me is a mixer worth getting to play about with? Im not totally sure what it does. I'd be using it through a keyboard and guitar. DO you have to have something already recorded to fuck about with or can you fuck sghit up on the spot by playing stuff through it?

Cheers
Ciaran

a mixer just lets you mix various inputs together into a stereo channel. they don't do anything to the actual sound. maybe there are magic ones that i'm clueless about.

effect pedals or circuit bend some sturf.

Stacy said:
a mixer just lets you mix various inputs together into a stereo channel. they don't do anything to the actual sound. maybe there are magic ones that i'm clueless about.

effect pedals or circuit bend some sturf.

Bollix I was hoping for something to fuck shit up with! Grrrrh!

Stacy said:
what you can do is make a feedback loop from the fx send on a mixer with an external pedal or two and have some fun.

Ah yeh thats the kinda thing I wanna do. Cheers!

Ciaran Mackle said:
Ok so for anyone who plays noise music could you tell me is a mixer worth getting to play about with? Im not totally sure what it does. I'd be using it through a keyboard and guitar. DO you have to have something already recorded to fuck about with or can you fuck sghit up on the spot by playing stuff through it?

Cheers
Ciaran

These'll do the job well for ya. Just depends on how many channels you want...

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_behringer_ub802_eurorack_prodinfo.html

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_behringer_ub1002_eurorack_prodinfo.html

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_behringer_ub1202_eurorack_kleinmixer_prodinfo.html

nice and cheap too

Noise%20control%20in%20industry%20-pic.JPG

fuck mixers man

Behringer junk is pretty good. just get one with the number of mic/line inputs you want/need.

but a fucking mixer ain't gonna magically make things better for you.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Ah yeh thats the kinda thing I wanna do. Cheers!
thats still leaving you really limited,dunno,when you have a load of sources that you want to use simultaneously,thats probably when you'd need a sampler.its not gonna change the way yr souce sounds

you can mess around with sounds with a korg kaoss pad but their not cheap and i've heard they break really easily.i was looking at one a year or two ago and it seemed like some sort of richo gimmick

rotten tropics said:
you can mess around with sounds with a korg kaoss pad but their not cheap and i've heard they break really easily.i was looking at one a year or two ago and it seemed like some sort of richo gimmick

On stage Jonny now uses a device called a Korg Kaos pad. This unit was originally designed for DJs to control the parameters of their effects in real time, it is square in shape and small enough to be held in the hand. It contains a flat, lighted surface which, when the players finger is dragged across the top, changes the different values of the effects it is connected to. It is very versatile and can change things from volume through to pitch changes or even fading from one source to another. Jonny uses it to play with live samples of Thom's voice when they perform Everything In Its Right Place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back