Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (6 Viewers)

The Instagram comments on "Netanyahu needs surgery" are unanimously fair and warranted.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very similar to Rolex
More expensive second-hand because you can't buy them new

The problem isn't really a lack of bags, it's an over-abundance of people with money that need status symbols.
This is still the swash and backwash of Covid money in the economy.

(apols if Amanda gets to this in her piece - my Atlantic hack isn't working)

Very similar to Rolex
More expensive second-hand because you can't buy them new

The problem isn't really a lack of bags, it's an over-abundance of people with money that need status symbols.
This is still the swash and backwash of Covid money in the economy.

(apols if Amanda gets to this in her piece - my Atlantic hack isn't working)
There’s a gift link in the Bluesky post

Good read, thank you

The thing lacking in Mull's piece is that she's conjuring up images almost of jet setters and the idle rich
It's not these people at all - it's the chief accounting officer at your company, or the solicitor that did your divorce. It is most definitely not people with yachts.
These are the people that need status symbols to show off to people at the golf club and at Chapter One.
The actual rich don't necessarily go for these items. I mean maybe a Birkin or a Rolex Daytona. But they certainly don't sue to get them. That's grubby upper middle class behaviour. The atcual rich just get the things they want.

Actual rich people practice 'stealth wealth'; like €400 no-label t-shirts and that kind of gear - signalling to their immediate peers who they are, but not to the world at large.

Good read, thank you

The thing lacking in Mull's piece is that she's conjuring up images almost of jet setters and the idle rich
It's not these people at all - it's the chief accounting officer at your company, or the solicitor that did your divorce. It is most definitely not people with yachts.
These are the people that need status symbols to show off to people at the golf club and at Chapter One.
The actual rich don't necessarily go for these items. I mean maybe a Birkin or a Rolex Daytona. But they certainly don't sue to get them. That's grubby upper middle class behaviour. The atcual rich just get the things they want.

Actual rich people practice 'stealth wealth'; like €400 no-label t-shirts and that kind of gear - signalling to their immediate peers who they are, but not to the world at large.
I remember Billy Connolly doing a routine about how the middle class will never be caught dead in a tracksuit because they fear being mistaken for working class. The truly rich will wear what they like because they are in no danger of being mistaken for working class.

Not exactly the same, but kinda, Burberry got in trouble a while ago for taking any leftover stock at the end the season and burning it.
They don't do it anymore and they now only do two seasons instead of four.

I remember Billy Connolly doing a routine about how the middle class will never be caught dead in a tracksuit because they fear being mistaken for working class. The truly rich will wear what they like because they are in no danger of being mistaken for working class.
Mentioned it here before; having been to a school with some rich people. The lads whose parents were rich had ways of letting you know they were rich. It was second or third year before I found out just how rich the parents were of the chap who was *really* rich.

Mentioned it here before; having been to a school with some rich people. The lads whose parents were rich had ways of letting you know they were rich. It was second or third year before I found out just how rich the parents were of the chap who was *really* rich.
I’d come across that kind of thing in TCD when I was there. You’d suddenly get an insight into the really rich. Then Oxford was a whole other story.

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
  • G
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back