Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (3 Viewers)

i guess the wine and xanax her fictional heroine uses to deal with the stresses of life might explain some of it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The president is sitting at his desk, and I’m sitting directly in front of him. I witness the president authorize the Air National Guard to shoot down the hijacked airliners. The conversation was sobering to hear. What struck me was as soon as he hung up the phone, he said, “I was an Air National Guard pilot—I’d be one of the people getting this order. I can’t imagine getting this order.” There was a greater degree of reality than many other presidents would have experienced.

‘We’re the Only Plane in the Sky’

don't know who is doing this, but it feels like a large a large nation state. China and Russia would be my first guesses

ehhh

It feels like a nation's military cybercommand trying to calibrate its weaponry in the case of cyberwar. It reminds me of the U.S.'s Cold War program of flying high-altitude planes over the Soviet Union to force their air-defense systems to turn on, to map their capabilities....The data I see suggests China, an assessment shared by the people I spoke with. On the other hand, it's possible to disguise the country of origin for these sorts of attacks. The NSA, which has more surveillance in the Internet backbone than everyone else combined, probably has a better idea,

Ehhh.... so it's clearly the NSA doing this.

ehhh

Ehhh.... so it's clearly the NSA doing this.

schneier usually knows his stuff. at a guess, i'd say most of the companies he refers to are US-based, in which case the US government are almost definitely already inside and don't need to be probing them externally.

schneier usually knows his stuff. at a guess, i'd say most of the companies he refers to are US-based, in which case the US government are almost definitely already inside and don't need to be probing them externally.
fair point, well made

I don’t know anything about music. I know there are letters but sometimes the letters have squiggles; I know an octave doubles in pitch; I know you can write a pop song with only four chords. That’s about it.

The rest has always seemed completely, utterly arbitrary. Why do we have twelve notes, but represent them with only seven letters? Where did the key signatures come from? Why is every Wikipedia article on this impossible to read without first having read all the others?

A few days ago, some of it finally clicked. I feel like an idiot for not getting it earlier, but I suppose it doesn’t help that everyone explains music using, well, musical notation, which doesn’t make any sense if you don’t know why it’s like that in the first place.

Here is what I gathered, from the perspective of someone whose only music class was learning to play four notes on a recorder in second grade. I stress that I don’t know anything about music and this post is terrible. If you you so much as know how to whistle, please don’t read this you will laugh at me.

Music theory for nerds / fuzzy notepad

Jason-Berlin-BlogPost

'field report':

takes 'boner juice', multiple failed attempts to pick up women, passes out in the jacks, bit of rape, decides all of this is a good idea to make public

all in all a good night's work

oh lordy
Mulvehill—known for wearing a T-shirt emblazoned with the number of women he’s supposedly slept with (he claims “almost 500” these days)—had been a mainstay of a group of pickup artists in Las Vegas known as the “Vegas Pussy Massacre Crew.” But Mulvehill was kicked off of the strip in 2015, as part of a one-year suspended sentence stemming from a night in May of 2013 when he allegedly locked a woman in his car, took away her phone, and masturbated in front of her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back