Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

I cook enough veg for two days in one go. Ideally I eat half on the day and rest the next day or morning of second day.
I am lucky I have lots of time to cook food.
Stuff like broccoli or spinach is manky frozen. Even stuff in a fridge n overnight never tastes great. I only eat beans out of cans if I forget to soak beans overnight.
I just don't use a freezer, seems like a waste of electricity.

Again a lot of folks are stuck for time more than I am.
EDIT: fixed lots of typos

I cook enough veg for two days in one go. Ideally I eat half on the day and rest the next day or morning of second day.
I am lucky I have lots of time to cook food.
Stuff like broccoli or spinach is manky frozen. Even stuff in a fridge n overnight never tastes great. I only eat beans out of cans if I forget to soak beans overnight.
I just don't use a freezer, seems like a waste of electricity.

Again a lot of folks are stuck for time more than I am.
EDIT: fixed lots of typos
If I had teh time, I would do a lot of this

But I am time poor

If you get broccoli or spinach into a stew/soup before freezing, they are fine

Wondering why the cat was staring intently at the corner where the kitchen bin is. Moved it and realised there was a vole cowering there. The second time in my life I've seen a vole. (round fat mice). I got the poop scooper and deftly grabbed him and released him out the back.

Fell free to make with the hero rep.

That was a bit like last night. Sometimes interesting, sometimes boring, but ultimately I was just watching things fall over one by one.
Except last night, it was people falling over, rather than dominos. I left early.

When my Mam was especially bad after a strong dose of chemo, she couldn’t hold cards properly but dominos were fine. I’d get the bus to Beaumont before work and sit there playing dominos for an hour or two, and it would usually be just the two of us. As shitty as things were, I really enjoyed it.
After she died I wanted to get two dominos tattooed in memory of her, but it was pointed out it’d look like I just really, really liked pizza. In fairness, I do love pizza.
Moral of the story is dominos are a much underrated game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back