Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

I like sitting in the beer garden of the local and identifying trucks and vehicles and where they come from and where they're going.
There's a haulage company called Moran that deliver to Lidl every day. There's some other Irish lorry whose trailer is muralled(?) with a big Mad Max thing. Always punctual. That Dutch flower truck is a bit late. A bunch of fancy blacked out people carriers were driving around last week, because they were toing or froing from the Champions League final. That's a lot of sirens. Oh look at the news.
If you look hard enough, you start to see how it all connects. I find it fascinating.
Also occasionally I see some big mad crane or something, and that's cool.

And yes, I am single.

if you want to watch woodturning in person, you can attend three woodturner's guild meetings for free.
There’s a really good shop in Kildare (the Carpentry store) that do courses on wood turning etc.
Once I’ve somewhere with a shed, I’m tempted to do a few of them and see if I’ve any ability.

There's a school in knocklyon and one in d15 who do evening classes too, at sept to Christmas or Jan to Easter. There are other places which do classes too, but one on one and thus more expensive.

The evening classes in the schools cost about €150 for ten two hour classes.

I might be demoing woodturning at the rose festival in st Anne's park next month. Third weekend in July I think.

I woke up morning
I woke up this morning, Yes I did.
I only had some cabbage, 1 courgette and some olive oil. Yeah, that's all I had.
But now I gone down to Lidl and got two days nice food for less than 18 euro.
Now I'm a goin' back home on the bus to have breakfast and cook my beans n veg. Wooooh, ooh yeah.

I try to only keep cooked food in the fridge. I hate stockpiling food. So I like it when this happens

Got a text from a beautiful woman a couple of hours before sunset on Saturday to go swimming in a lake
We rode our bikes there, jumped in the water and swam a mile, then pedaled up toa brewpub and drank NA beers and listened to an average cover band and chatted with friends of hers

I didn't think life could be this good

Got a text from a beautiful woman a couple of hours before sunset on Saturday to go swimming in a lake
We rode our bikes there, jumped in the water and swam a mile, then pedaled up toa brewpub and drank NA beers and listened to an average cover band and chatted with friends of hers

I didn't think life could be this good
I had similar craic eating my breakfast, cooking my dinner and going on an 8 mile walk.

Freezer veg from the supermarket apparently are better than canned.
I made dinner about 80% from freezer veg and freezer meat today.
One portion of this will probably end up back in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back