Minor Pleasures (28 Viewers)

Yesterday was the first day in months where I've had no responsibilities apart from doing a bit of housework in the morning so I:
- went to town for a nice Chinese lunch
- had a pint in one of my fav pubs
- bought some cds, including one I thought I was going to have to resort to buying on Discogs as I hadn't seen it in a few years
- went to see The Exorcist in the cinema which included a few more beers.

the year I dropped out they got to the county final.
they were annihilated by the other team. I think they only scored 2 or 3 points
13,000 posts on this thread.

I never played hurling really. The lads I knew at school who were still hurling in their mid-teens were mostly boring and narrow minded but only one guy I met (2 years old than me) was a bully. The rest were harmless enough and some were really sound.
Nearly all the bullies I met as a kid were adults.

Trying to think of a delicate way to ask how much extra action/attention you got out of this

From the county ladies, I mean
not sure how much extra. I got quite a bit of attention anyway when I was a nipper. I might have gotten more for being on the college team than for the county, from the college jersey girls.

ignored almost all of it.

not sure how much extra. I got quite a bit of attention anyway when I was a nipper. I might have gotten more for being on the college team than for the county, from the college jersey girls.

I'm still trying to square the die hard belle and sebastian fan with the county/college hurling star.

stars of track and field?

Yay!

Boo!

Was thinking that if you made the minor team, you could have parlayed that into some minor pleasure....

I'm still trying to square the die hard belle and sebastian fan with the county/college hurling star.

stars of track and field?
ha, well I was a bit odd in that regard. Your average GAA lad would have the fade, likes the saw doctors, read Dan Brown once, and would have chicken and chips as their favourite food.

I was none of the above. One of the other lads on the team got me into B+S actually. He and I were gig buddies til we got old.

Shur can't he build a hurl? With frets in it. His pickup line can be a series of ceramic humbuckers or something.

There's the challenge Jraz, make a Hurley guitar.

Yesterday was the first day in months where I've had no responsibilities apart from doing a bit of housework in the morning so I:
- went to town for a nice Chinese lunch
- had a pint in one of my fav pubs
- bought some cds, including one I thought I was going to have to resort to buying on Discogs as I hadn't seen it in a few years
- went to see The Exorcist in the cinema which included a few more beers.
You didn't do a bit of hoovering no?

I got quite a bit of attention anyway when I was a nipper
I was at a work thing back in Feb and we were all having dinner and someone mentioned my musical output and one of the women gasped and gave me A Look and said "You're in a band!?". If she was Irish I'd assume the piss was being taken, but nope, she's a yank. I'd been waiting 35 years for that kind of reaction

I was at a work thing back in Feb and we were all having dinner and someone mentioned my musical output and one of the women gasped and gave me A Look and said "You're in a band!?". If she was Irish I'd assume the piss was being taken, but nope, she's a yank. I'd been waiting 35 years for that kind of reaction

there's no enthusiasm like yank enthusiasm

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
  • G
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back