Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

The real question is was the keyboard side on to the audience or between you and the audience?
80S Badass GIF

No not really.

I had a mate in a band years ago who insisted that the keys should be side on to the audience, as facing the audience with the keys in front of you was impersonal.
The side on set up made for a more intimate show, and you can pretend to do casual asides, as you have to literally look aside to see the audience.
I thought it was all a bit wanky, but it's how Elton John does it.

No not really.

I had a mate in a band years ago who insisted that the keys should be side on to the audience, as facing the audience with the keys in front of you was impersonal.
The side on set up made for a more intimate show, and you can pretend to do casual asides, as you have to literally look aside to see the audience.
I thought it was all a bit wanky, but it's how Elton John does it.
Your friend is bang on

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had a, if not life-changing, then certainly life-affirming dump this morning

Felt good for like an hour afterwards

Actually had it side on for a Stoat gig recently, and yeah I preferred not having it between me and the audience. At the jam session though it's was whereever I could squeeze it in among all the other musicians

I was given an oyster from somewhere in Louth. Amazing. The oyster sellers are here regularly, but I never risked it. I am glad I finally did.

Then the barman gave me a free pint because he'd closed the tills and couldn't be arsed. Then we had a tequila.

the young fella has started doing GAA, last week they gave him a hurl.
I was in decathalon to buy something else entirely, and saw they sold hurls.

so for the first time in about 20 years I had a puck around yesterday with him.

I was shit at hurling in a team context, but always loved the basic skills of it, lifting, striking, cuts etc.

I have an ornamental hurl here. Someone woodburned a bunch of Celtic swirls and my name in it years ago.
Then I was home a while ago and they were selling sliotars in Aldi. So it's ornamentalness became irrelevant.

Like yourself, I had a great time messing about. Just standing there with the ball at the end of a stick for ages, much to the bemusement of those around me.

The likes of you is why I stopped playing.

Edit: I enjoyed it, but the team culture, in my school or club team was horrible. Awful cunts altogether.

for me being bullied at the club by the same lads who were bullying me in school kinda took the fun out of it. If I'd been better at it I'd probably have stuck with it

I've just been reminded, the club won an all Ireland once. U-14 or something. I wasn't on the panel. I lost out on the chance for an all Ireland medal because of my childish inability to hang out with gee bags.

I've just been reminded, the club won an all Ireland once. U-14 or something. I wasn't on the panel. I lost out on the chance for an all Ireland medal because of my childish inability to hang out with gee bags.
the year I dropped out they got to the county final.
they were annihilated by the other team. I think they only scored 2 or 3 points

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back