Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

clearing out some old documentation, came across an old rabobank statement. i'd forgotten i had an account with them (the statement is from 2006).
rang them.
'sir, i can confirm there's a balance of €1,400 in that account'.

chocolate digestives are on me!
now i've found a 500GB laptop hard drive, in an unopened bag. i have no clue where that came from.
it's not solid state, alas.

Got a missed call from a guy this morning.
Last time I saw him he bought me a couple of Jäger's and said his missus had dumped him. And associated money worries.

I don't remember the conversation, but apparently I put him in touch with a corporate AV company I know, and now he's got work with them. Decent wages, more than me.

Nice of him to thank me.

we found a pile of old magazines and papers in the attic a few years ago. i'd never really gone through them before. random selection.

QTH price list, date unknown.

PXL_20231006_192130428.jpg

a british right wing 'newspaper' from 1980.

PXL_20231006_191822710.jpg

'commodore user' from 1985;

PXL_20231006_194601558.jpg

Sending the new Middle Ages tune around the place and I said fuck it I'll send it to the guys who do this Weezer podcast where they break down the chord structures, lyrics, and get really nerdy about music (not just Weezer). Any way, I got a lovely, complimentary and suitably nerdy reply.
Out Friday guys.

we found a pile of old magazines and papers in the attic a few years ago. i'd never really gone through them before. random selection.

QTH price list, date unknown.

View attachment 17724

a british right wing 'newspaper' from 1980.

View attachment 17725

'commodore user' from 1985;

View attachment 17726

The tory party fringe event has probably become the main party conference in the intervening 40 years.

Our attic had loads of 50s birthday cards and a couple of teenage girls magazines from the 70s.

Most interestingly I found they had used a copy of the irish press from 1956 to wrap the pipes - suez crisis on the front cover!

Making the best of a few shit days.

I was at a job, setting it, and they'd pointlessly set up all these easels in a line. The easels would eventually hold seat planning plaques for the event and suchlike.

Super duper set builder dude takes a step backwards, tips an easel and dominoes all the Easels over.

He was quite embarrassed, but it didn't actually matter. As I'm picking them back up I say "oh don't worry, it could easel-y happen".

This lot are so self absorbed that they literally didn't hear what I said. So I'm like "That was a good joke dammit! Acknowledge my funny joke!"
Oh did you say something seanc?

Then the Clients clients clients client, super important person looks up from her laptop and says "Well, I heard it, and I thought that was really funny".

The fact she was very good looking didn't hurt either.

Brought a keyboard down to my weekly jam session last night. Anytime I've played piano/keys before it's always been pre-prepared, so didn't know how winging it would work. Anyway - went great (or great for me anyway, dunno what the audience thought), came home buzzing, probably adds more to the overall sound than the ukulele I usually bring, will do again

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back