Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

PURE INNOCENT BOYS, as we would have said back in the day.

It is a funny thing about living here. The young black guys that do get up to naughtiness are frightened of police or that-one-guy-who-is-actually-proper-mental in a way that the young traveller/council estate/general dickhead kids never were back home. I think they're more scared of their mothers more than anything actually. And rightly so. But they still have to put on a front when they're in front of their mates, which most people would find intimidating.

It's an odd thing, and I think it's funny if I don't think to much about it. These lads wouldn't last a day where I'm from. I'm a total sissy. Now I scare them. How did that happen? Am I inherently frightening? Has that affected my job prospects when I go for job interviews and people think I'm some nutter because of my accent or resting stance?

Whatever it is, it is a minor pleasure to be somewhat self assured. I wish I'd learned it earlier in life.

i've gone down a bit of a rabbit hole of watching people making bows (as in bows for shooting arrows). now i want to make one, even though i have little cause to need one on the northside.

I'll put this here because otherwise I'll make myself angry.

Came home, there was three young dudes on the stairwell who don't live here. One of them had an extinguished spliff in his hand and the whole stairwell was hazy and stank of skunk.

I said hello and then just said "Not indoors lads".
Then they left.

I think if was in a similar situation in Dublin or back home I'd have gotten battered and burgled and terrorised forevermore. London boys put up a lot of front, but they are mostly all talk. Anyway, I felt like a BIG MAN, And hopefully these young brers will not be so silly again. My only regret is that I didn't get to explain that they're ruining it for the rest of us. They'd have probably hazily comprehended that.

I was on the motorway applegreen last night and i could smell joints literally driving into the car park with the windows shut. I thought it was funny though and told them how far back i could smell it for. Their driver was sitting looking annoyed in the car waiting for them. Bring back outdoor dining or somthing

For a while I was obsessed with this idea that people had two modes of operation.

One, "Normal", and one "Logging".

If you switch over to Logging mode, you sort of have a Heads Up Display overlayed onto your normal vision, Terminator style. On the lower right corner there's a clock ticking down with the number of hours left to live.
Then there's just relevant statistics about your current life. If you are at the happiest point in your life, it's marked, you'll see an alert popping up, and then you'll see it categorized with the other happy moments of your life. If you're in a dangerous spot you'd see the bar rising (although that might have the element of suspense removed because of the Time To Live field in the corner).

I reckon the above Grand Stretch joke might be categorized as the worst joke I've ever made.

For a while I was obsessed with this idea that people had two modes of operation.

One, "Normal", and one "Logging".

If you switch over to Logging mode, you sort of have a Heads Up Display overlayed onto your normal vision, Terminator style. On the lower right corner there's a clock ticking down with the number of hours left to live.
Then there's just relevant statistics about your current life. If you are at the happiest point in your life, it's marked, you'll see an alert popping up, and then you'll see it categorized with the other happy moments of your life. If you're in a dangerous spot you'd see the bar rising (although that might have the element of suspense removed because of the Time To Live field in the corner).

I reckon the above Grand Stretch joke might be categorized as the worst joke I've ever made.
I'd have to know every joke you've ever told to know for sure, but I'd say theres' a good chance, yes

On my way home from a successful xmas shopping expedition to town, I'm now finished with that shit for another year (a couple of puddings, several boxes of chocolates and some fancy half-price decorations from the Kilkenny shop. It'll have to do)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back