Minor Pleasures (35 Viewers)

I am a bit sick. Head cold or something. Not quite myself.
Took some pills from the pharmacist last night and I was asleep by 9.
Upshot was that I was wide awake and feeling refreshed at 5:30. Which was enough time to torrent Fargo and watch it with a cup of tea before work. It's usually on too late for me anyway.
I'm putting this in the W (win) column.

Yesterday my work plans for tomorrow were: begin work as normal, then drive to Castlebarfor 6:30, work till midnight, come home and arrive back at 2:30 AM

Got told this morning that actually I can be there for 3:30. Still gonna be a long day but not quite so bad.

Yesterday my work plans for tomorrow were: begin work as normal, then drive to Castlebarfor 6:30, work till midnight, come home and arrive back at 2:30 AM

Got told this morning that actually I can be there for 3:30. Still gonna be a long day but not quite so bad.

As it turned out I didn't get to finish and leave Castlebar till 1AM. Home at 3:30.

Wrecked today.

My research has now moved on to can openers.I'm done with shitty can openers

I generally shun any sort of gadget when it comes to kitchen stuff but these battery operated can openers are actually quite good: Hands Free Automatic Can Opener They slice the lid off with no sharp edges. Make to sure to watch the hilarious demonstration video. You generally see these things around for 10-15 euros. Otherwise I'd go manual & get a KitchenAid one.

I generally shun any sort of gadget when it comes to kitchen stuff but these battery operated can openers are actually quite good: Hands Free Automatic Can Opener They slice the lid off with no sharp edges. Make to sure to watch the hilarious demonstration video. You generally see these things around for 10-15 euros. Otherwise I'd go manual & get a KitchenAid one.

My Dad brought one of these back from America in the early 70s. For years there was an enormous voltage adapter on the kitchen sideboard to get the thing to work. I think it was only retired last year.
f78e96c08c11f21d06ee199d8d30c6e9.jpg

My Dad brought one of these back from America in the early 70s. For years there was an enormous voltage adapter on the kitchen sideboard to get the thing to work. I think it was only retired last year.
f78e96c08c11f21d06ee199d8d30c6e9.jpg
That is some proper Dad gear.
Can opener AND knife sharpener.

You were the fucking Jetsons of Dún na nGall

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back