Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

Dude from a publishing company getting on to me today wanting our (my) music. Nothing overly exciting but I suppose one must be on the right track.

Christ, been on the phone to the song-writer (who isn't in the band but we play most of his songs). We agreed a basic framework weeks ago on the off chance any money ever came in. I said at the outset that I hope he makes millions but that all I wanted was a career out of it or an extra few bob so I could keep doing it and he can top up his already big salary with whatever comes in. A sense of fairness.
As soon as publishing companies are mentioned and I casually refer to the outro to one song being predominantly my work as I play every instrument and composed the theme (but I'd give him a generous % in the sense of fairness agreement).......well fuck me, things can get sour real fucking quick :D

Gonna need some professional advice. Even if we never make a cent!

Christ, been on the phone to the song-writer (who isn't in the band but we play most of his songs). We agreed a basic framework weeks ago on the off chance any money ever came in. I said at the outset that I hope he makes millions but that all I wanted was a career out of it or an extra few bob so I could keep doing it and he can top up his already big salary with whatever comes in. A sense of fairness.
As soon as publishing companies are mentioned and I casually refer to the outro to one song being predominantly my work as I play every instrument and composed the theme (but I'd give him a generous % in the sense of fairness agreement).......well fuck me, things can get sour real fucking quick :D

Gonna need some professional advice. Even if we never make a cent!

Write your own songs. Stop playing his ones.

Ah no no. Read the post. We came to a basic agreement weeks ago. He just has a tendency to come all guns blazing. He calms down then. I want to write songs, but I WANT to do an album of 10 of his songs because, well, I think it could be popular. And if I'm in control it'll sound good. I hope.
I mean, probably nothing will come from I but fuckit, it's a great oul interest all the same. And the young lad thinks I'm deadly. And sure you can't ask for much more than that.

Dude from a publishing company getting on to me today wanting our (my) music. Nothing overly exciting but I suppose one must be on the right track.

Just be a little bit careful there, always get someone to look at any publishing contracts.

I probably shouldn't do it but cleaning my ears with the lid off a blue biro is all kinds of satisfying.
careful m8, i burst an eardrum once doing something similar

Last edited:
ANd that,I can 100% assure you is something you can live without
GROSS WARNING:

Ah i was cleaning my ear with a cotton swab and pushed it in a bit too far. I didn't realise it was fucked until I used ear drops and it was going straight through to my throat.

Took a few weeks to get back to normal, but it did eventually.

Listening to this on the cans..fucking amazing.

Rory had it all sussed.The unbelievable distortion on his guitar.

images

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back