Minor Pleasures (7 Viewers)

Well in your situation yeah, the Bosnians were sound. They were all assholes basically though, the Serbs had more weapons so could be bigger assholes. My pro-Russian sentiment won't allow me criticise them too much though!
Who had the extermination camps? Was that not the Serbs?

What were the Croats up to?

Serbo-Croat? That must be conflicting.

Pleasure- eating properly again.

Right?

I'm still trying to date that Bosnian and I have to keep reminding myself who I (she) hate(s) over there.

I'm pretty sure that the Serbs were the cunts of the bunch.
Bosnians were the good guys (obv)

Yeah, her family had to leave their home in the middle of the night and go live in Bosnia or somewhere for a decade or something. When they went back to their house some Croat-Muslims had been living in it and every possession/memento from their life there was gone. Her father died from a heart attack not long after. He'd been a firm supporter of Tito back in the day.
Funnily enough, she only hates Albanians as Kosovo is such an important area for Serbs, historically.
The Serbs were the worst by a mile but the Bosnian Croats and Bosnians themselves did some dreadful things.

It's mad. She was back living in her town up to last September and every year, the neighbours get the bunting and flags out to celebrate the time they killed all the Serbs in the town. And she doesn't mind. They all get on well. I think she was saving all her ire for me.
That said, she had to leave Whelans recently when the older brother of a friend of hers who was visiting got drunk and start hissing anti-Serb abuse at her. I wasn't there at the time.

Fucked up load of countries. Full of racists, neo-Nazis and corruption. I had to fucking educate her to not be homophobic.

Last edited:
It's mad. She was back living in her town up to last September and every year, the neighbours get the bunting and flags out to celebrate the time they killed all the Serbs in the town. And she doesn't mind. They all get on well. I think she was saving all her ire for me.
That said, she had to leave Whelans recently when the older brother of a friend of hers who was visiting got drunk and start hissing anti-Serb abuse at her. I wasn't there at the time.

Fucked up load of countries. Full of racists, neo-Nazis and corruption. I had to fucking educate her to not be homophobic.

Jesus.
I broke up with someone for interrupting my night's sleep to have a go at me about something.
I was like "That's it, this doesn't get better". Broke up with her before she could apologise in the morning.
You've got some patience. Fair play.

You've got some patience. Fair play.

You'd understand if you could see her. We walk down the street and you see dudes looking at her and then quizzically glance at me. Although work and the stress of driving this band of mine means I'm a almost a stone and a half less than when we met and 2 and half less than I was on May 1st 2014, not too long before we started skyping. So, still out of my league but I'm pushing for a play-off place. About 2 divisions below.

Who had the extermination camps? Was that not the Serbs?

What were the Croats up to?

Yeah, it was. The Serbs were certainly the worst of a bad bunch and they don't make it easy to sympathise with them. I still feel though, that everyone else involved gets a pass because hey, the Serbs.
The Croats- if you wanna go back to WW2 the Ustashe camps made the later Serb camps look like Mosney, hundreds of thousands killed and even the Nazis felt they were too enthusiastic in their endeavours. I know it was long before the Balkan wars but I imagine it goes some way to explaining why the Serbs have long had a chip on their shoulder.
Rather more recently (1995) they had Operation Storm which drove 200,000 Serbs from their homes yet somehow the ICTY didn't deem it to be ethnic cleansing. I'm not sure what it is exactly if not that.

Rather more recently (1995) they had Operation Storm which drove 200,000 Serbs from their homes yet somehow the ICTY didn't deem it to be ethnic cleansing. I'm not sure what it is exactly if not that.

Yeah, that's when she had to leave her gaff. And the majority of the people in Dvor, her town, celebrate that every year.

I don't ask too many questions. Usually because she's shushing me as she's watching X-Factor Adriatico on Youtube....

Logging into work email after ignoring it for the best part of a day and NOT encountering some crisis I have to deal with or similar annoyance. For the second time in a week actually.

Listening to some classic tunes and goofing about on line drinking tasty lyons tea..decent

2 5am nights in a row at an amazing wedding with beautiful weather in southern Italy. SO MUCH DAMNED FUN.

And then I started crying when the bride quoted one of my lyrics during her speech and how much it meant to her and her groom. Still get goosebumps thinking about it.

2 5am nights in a row at an amazing wedding with beautiful weather in southern Italy. SO MUCH DAMNED FUN.

And then I started crying when the bride quoted one of my lyrics during her speech and how much it meant to her and her groom. Still get goosebumps thinking about it.

Waht song? did you feel obliged to get up and do it at the reception?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back