Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

these girls omg <3

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just learned to play Galveston on the geetar
This was played a lot when we were kids

mXdnPeQABM9L05r5TuKeGlA.jpg

Probably where my fascination with America started

Got a taxi home from a gig last week and the customary annoying conversation started with the taxi driver. You know the one where he asks you where you were and you say "a gig" and he asks you who was playing and he's never heard of them and then starts talking about Hozier or something. Anyway he asked me what sort of music it was etc. etc. and instead of the usual shite it turns out his favourite band is Big Black! We started chatting about this (actually he was probably as stunned that a passenger knew who Big Black were as I was that the taxi driver did) and we had a grand natter. I then told him that I met Albini once and he nearly crashed the car in amazement. He then started talking about how Swans are his other favourite band and I just didn't have the heart to tell him that yeah, I've met him too. Imagine if all taxi drivers were this cool?

Got a taxi home from a gig last week and the customary annoying conversation started with the taxi driver. You know the one where he asks you where you were and you say "a gig" and he asks you who was playing and he's never heard of them and then starts talking about Hozier or something. Anyway he asked me what sort of music it was etc. etc. and instead of the usual shite it turns out his favourite band is Big Black! We started chatting about this (actually he was probably as stunned that a passenger knew who Big Black were as I was that the taxi driver did) and we had a grand natter. I then told him that I met Albini once and he nearly crashed the car in amazement. He then started talking about how Swans are his other favourite band and I just didn't have the heart to tell him that yeah, I've met him too. Imagine if all taxi drivers were this cool?

I got into a taxi in the UK once and it turned out I was related to the taxi driver. He didn't like Big Black or Swans though.

I once had a taxi driver who claimed to be the Soodlum of the Soodlum music instruction books

I had no reason to disbelieve him...and yet..

$(KGrHqJ,!q0E88giG0NmBPkmDYWtF!~~60_35.JPG

The brother in law

Years ago after playing in the Rock Garden with The Cherry Brogues, I hailed a cab outside Merchants Arch.
Driver took a look at my cymbal bag and said "ah, drummer, were you just playing a gig?".
Me, knackered, replied "yes".
"What kind of stuff do you play?".
I looked at him and decided he was a middle-aged square. "Ah you you wouldn't know any of it" I said.
"Try me", says him.
"Well like The Jam, The Blades or The Undertones" I said confident he'd just concede defeat and leave me alone.
"Ah The Blades" he says with a grin.
"Do you know The Blades?" I asked.
"I ought to" says he. "I was the drummer". It was Pat bleedin Larkin.
Guess who was morto in silence for the 20 minute journey!

I am in the habit now of loading up the coffee machine with coffee and water at night so I just need to flick a switch in the morning on the way for my morning wee
Efficient!

A poet in Chicago wrote me a poem yesterday cos I was feeling poorly lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back