Minor Pleasures (5 Viewers)

Read a thing on reddit this week about ex retail workers telling their black Friday war stories, sounds like madness.

I do not understand the obsession with getting more stuff.
I am happy with a broadband connection, a big screen TV and enough money in my pocket for pints. All of which I have already.
I actually hate shopping.

I am happy with a broadband connection, a big screen TV and enough money in my pocket for pints. All of which I have already.

I think it's more about big stuff for cheaper prices. Yeah know, one day to get that electronic gadget for $100 cheaper that day than you would otherwise to make a family member happy on Christmas morning. Shopping is the worst. Shopping on Black Friday, you'd have to pay me to enter a shop.

i like collecting books, the odd fancy coat and a nice pair of shoes and i'm set. i don't own a portable music player and i watch most of my movies and tv shows on a broken down old computer.

i like collecting books, the odd fancy coat and a nice pair of shoes and i'm set. i don't own a portable music player and i watch most of my movies and tv shows on a broken down old computer.

Do you own a smart phone? Then you have a music player.

Don't you love movies though? Big TVs are wicked cheap now.

Do you own a smart phone? Then you have a music player.

Don't you love movies though? Big TVs are wicked cheap now.
yeah, i don't have music on it. i prefer to read on the train. can't do both.

i have a fairly big telly in the gaff but i don't use it much. i watch films in friend's houses a bit and i go to the cinema often.

Waste of money.

A classic example of a solution to a problem you didn't have.
And an even better example of of the power of marketing..making you spend money to solve that problem.

What next..a device that alerts you via Vibers that this thing is down the back of the couch?

Also..that is the most expensive remote control I've ever seen.

Aww hang on..it turns everybodies smartphone into a remote.Thats cool.

What if you and your wife start trying to flick the channels at the same time?

I am looking forward to hearing how this thing pans out..lets say in 45 days

Last edited:
Waste of money.

A classic example of a solution to a problem you didn't have.
And an even better example of of the power of marketing..making you spend money to solve that problem.

What next..a device that alerts you via Vibers that this thing is down the back of the couch?

Also..that is the most expensive remote control I've ever seen.

Aww hang on..it turns everybodies smartphone into a remote.Thats cool.

What if you and your wife start trying to flick the channels at the same time?

I am looking forward to hearing how this thing pans out..lets say in 45 days

I have

- TV remote
- Receiver remote
- playstation 3 remote
- upc remote
- bluray player remote
- xbox controller

So for example, to watch UPC telly or a movie on the PS3 I would have needed to touch three remotes, two of which have independent volume controls. With this yoke you just set up a "watch TV" button and it turns on the TV, receiver and UPC box, switches the receiver to CBL/SAT, sets the TV to use HDMI1 input, then you can use it to control everything (change the volume on the receiver / the channel on the UPC box) from the app.

So then if you want to watch something or play a game on the PS3 you hit the PS3 button and it turns off the UPC box, changes the receiver input to GAME, turns on the PS3 and the app becomes a PS3 remote... and so on.

This is how shit should JUST WORK - shouldn't need to buy a new thing for it.

And i got it for £30 off in the Amazon sale, and got a £15 cashback / credit amazon voucher from Logitech too. Go me.

I have

- TV remote
- Receiver remote
- playstation 3 remote
- upc remote
- bluray player remote
- xbox controller

So for example, to watch UPC telly or a movie on the PS3 I would have needed to touch three remotes, two of which have independent volume controls. With this yoke you just set up a "watch TV" button and it turns on the TV, receiver and UPC box, switches the receiver to CBL/SAT, sets the TV to use HDMI1 input, then you can use it to control everything (change the volume on the receiver / the channel on the UPC box) from the app.

So then if you want to watch something or play a game on the PS3 you hit the PS3 button and it turns off the UPC box, changes the receiver input to GAME, turns on the PS3 and the app becomes a PS3 remote... and so on.

This is how shit should JUST WORK - shouldn't need to buy a new thing for it.

And i got it for £30 off in the Amazon sale, and got a £15 cashback / credit amazon voucher from Logitech too. Go me.
Well now..thats a different story..I didn't know it could do that.

Thats pretty fucking nifty

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back