Minor Pleasures (4 Viewers)

The Eileen Gray exhibit at IMMA. I had a stroll through it and the rest of the Museum. It's been a while since I've been there. I had a very Midnight in Paris vibe going on today. Kind of kicking myself for not realizing things in the moment that are now in retrospect clear as day. I really should have listened to my professor in college instead of dismissing everything.

Now cinema or gig? Seems I'm billynomates so the cinema might win out.

The Eileen Gray exhibit at IMMA. I had a stroll through it and the rest of the Museum. It's been a while since I've been there. I had a very Midnight in Paris vibe going on today. Kind of kicking myself for not realizing things in the moment that are now in retrospect clear as day. I really should have listened to my professor in college instead of dismissing everything.

I thought the Gray exhibition at IMMA was rather poor. The Leonora Carrington one, however, was the business.

I thought the Gray exhibition at IMMA was rather poor. The Leonora Carrington one, however, was the business.

Well, I didn't know anything about her to be fair, so I found it rather interesting. Plus, I find architectural drawings mind boggling. I'm automatically drawn to anything from the twenties and she seemed to live an interesting life. Photograph of her in a plane, photograph of her on an awesome boat, photograph of her on a camel... and all the pivot drawers and room screens. Was it a small collection of items, sure but I didn't think it was a 'poor' exhibition.

I was pretty much in the same boat as you but I felt stuff was just thrown in with very little thought or explanation. I came out of it not knowing what I had seen. Think there's another exhibition dedicated to her in Collins Barracks, will give that a go over the next couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back