Minor Pleasures (22 Viewers)

My co-worker brought down a plate of cakes from a retirement party. The cakes have been sitting there all day untouched. He just said, "you're not even tempted?" I replied, I still have a stone and 1/2 to lose! He countered, "Where, from your big toe?"

Made my day.
Unless he's trying to say I have big feet. :/

One of my oldest friends was on da wireless today talking about his website that he made. Me knowing him and what he was like as a kid, he did a pretty spectacular job. And his website is a cool idea in the current housing crisis etc. Some of you might listen and think otherwise, but this lad could be sitting in a mansion with Silicon Valley money if he wanted. Instead he's doing this.

It's the snippet of:

New website allows tenants see history of rental properties in Ireland​

Odd website, that goloud thing.

One of my oldest friends was on da wireless today talking about his website that he made. Me knowing him and what he was like as a kid, he did a pretty spectacular job. And his website is a cool idea in the current housing crisis etc. Some of you might listen and think otherwise, but this lad could be sitting in a mansion with Silicon Valley money if he wanted. Instead he's doing this.

It's the snippet of:

New website allows tenants see history of rental properties in Ireland​

Odd website, that goloud thing.

I'd just assume id be gettin ride by increased rent 100% of the time.
Fair play to him all the same

He's aiming it mainly at students, who often get shafted as country bumpkins running around say Dublin in late August looking for any kind of gaff.

At that Kafkaesque trade show thing I worked at, I picked up a bunch of swag. There's always daft swag at these techie shows.Loads of stickers. I do appreciate a good sticker.

So housemate got a Routemaster bus styled stress squeeze thing. He was actually really happy.
Someone else got M&M's. They had "control your data" or some shit written on them.

But someone else had broken her foot. Nothing at all do do with me, but it fucks her life up for a few months.

So she's sitting there being sad, so I said "did you get all the x-rays and everything"
Yeah, of course.
A friend of mine also got an x-ray done, do your want to see it?
To which I produced a ridiculous techy sticker which is an x-ray of a squirrel. Cute little squirrel in profile with strange colours. She likes small animals
It made her fucking day. "I'm going to put it here in my phone case so I can show people, but I'm not sticking THAT until I find something worthy enough".

He's aiming it mainly at students, who often get shafted as country bumpkins running around say Dublin in late August looking for any kind of gaff.

The shafting of students is the effective shafting of the city.

The student accomodation building here upped their rates somethign like 30% this year - which has allowed all the general landlords to up thier prices. People i know are getting yeeted out the door because the landlords want to re-rent the places at 30% higher across the city.

There was not 30% inflation this year or any year.

Don't laugh, it's cheap as these things go*, but not as cheap as the cheapest. It's for a very specific couple of tasks and it's the only thing that will do. Plus I don't have a vanful of tools I can drive around in.

But I lost the H6 the other day right when I needed it. Its probably the most used size.
But today I found it on the floor in my room. #completist

*My bosses equivalent one is X3 more expensive as mine. Mine is X3 more expensive as eBay rubbish.

Attachments

• IMG_20240324_200516.jpg
    IMG_20240324_200516.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
what was the case? as in, was it the landlord making a complaint about the tenant or vice versa?
Unclear from the text, then I didn't create an account in order to read the whole thing. Plus I didn't really want to know, I know them as being lovely people. It was interesting, though hardly surprising, that they owned a gaff in town.

off square due to being crapily made - or at a very specific non 90degree angle because Ikea?
Just crap and just slightly off. It has a bolt, it can be trued, but come on. Checking it was pretty far down the list of 'what could be going wrong here?'

Just crap and just slightly off. It has a bolt, it can be trued, but come on. Checking it was pretty far down the list of 'what could be going wrong here?'

Years ago I got a combination square in one of mcquillans bargain baskets once that was off square. It took me about 2 projects to figure out that it wasn't due to my inability to cut wood square.

I still have the ruler part - which is very handy however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back