Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

I just got called for a job interview.

I'm not absolutely bounding out the door in my current place, and had applied just to test the waters. So its nice that I can still write a competitive application.

Job would be a step sideways, but probably a good move career wise, but but a short contract. So I'm undecided whether to pursue it further....

Just returned my Sky equipment. I guess the reason I went with Sky was that it was only a 12 month contract. It's been eight and a half months since I used it, and I am very happy to get shot of it.
Bad, bad, bad memories associated with that thing. Still costed a bunch of money and a load of hassle, at least four separate missions to the old flat, the old estate agent, the post office that isn't really a post office, the Sky Guy in the shopping centre and also the library.

It's a great relief.

Just returned my Sky equipment. I guess the reason I went with Sky was that it was only a 12 month contract. It's been eight and a half months since I used it, and I am very happy to get shot of it.
Bad, bad, bad memories associated with that thing. Still costed a bunch of money and a load of hassle, at least four separate missions to the old flat, the old estate agent, the post office that isn't really a post office, the Sky Guy in the shopping centre and also the library.

It's a great relief.
Well done on finally getting away from them. I've heard infuriating stories of people trying to cancel their contract

Well done on finally getting away from them. I've heard infuriating stories of people trying to cancel their contract

I couldn't really cancel the contract, but I could cancel the DD. I did give them a couple of months worth of money that I shouldn't have. I guess I'll never be able to be a Sky customer again. Oh well.
But when it came time to return the equipment (router and digibox thing), they were mad keen on getting in touch with me. They sent packaging for me to send it back in, except they didn't. Then they said they'd charge me about £200 if I didn't send it back.

On the plus side, they seem to have an agreement with Royal Mail that meant I could just walk into that quasi post office and they'd sort it out from there. The post office people were cool.

But yes, getting out of their clutches is a mare. My mum was nearly driven to tears dealing with them, and like, she's a psychiatric nurse and a grown adult mother of stupid children like me. It'd take a lot to shake her, but Sky managed it.

When I got to the point of solving these daily I decided I didn't need to press on

I don’t really play it very often any more. Always start with one of two vowel-heavy words with middling success.

Wordle 696 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I like to think of myself as a 3 player, but the stats don't lie

I lost all my old stats in the switchover

Wordle 696 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛🟩
⬛🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1684238176143.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back