Minor Pleasures (12 Viewers)

There's some overlap between the Quine Tapes and this, the sound engineer at The Matrix got a lot of songs that Quine didn't. There' also some overlap with the 1969 VU Live album and one of these discs was included in the recent box set version of the third album (which I still haven't picked up). The Quine Tapes is one of my favourite VU releases, I love the murkiness of the recordings mixed with the intensity of the performances. However, these recordings are so much clearer that I'm not sure what I'll think when I go back to the Quine Tapes now. My wife thought these were studio recordings if that's any indication as to how good they sound. If you're into the Velvets, I can't see you being anything less than impressed with this set.

Nice one, thanks man.

I just had a massive steaming bowl of what I like to call "Danish" porridge.

Cinnamon and raisen flavour

Messing around with the radio section of Apple Music this morning and started a Station called "Irish hits" or something like that. First song on was Horse Outside hahahah Brilliant,
Everything else was utter shite. It was like a window into another world. Shite in a bucket, the lot of it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back