Minor Pleasures (3 Viewers)

Dunno, is it?
5lbs of onions, 5 lbs of carrots, 3 lbs of peppers, 3 lbs of broccoli, sleeve of garlic, large bag of spinach and a can of ground coffee.
Thought I got a deal. It will do me for the entire week. That's for sure.

Although this old lady was complaining about the price of broccoli to me ($1.69/lb which is about €3.40/kg)

Bought a 20lb turkey for $20.

Am in hyper-save right now.
Brocolloi turnips carrots and spuds..all 39 cent in Aldi this week.

I never get bored of eating brocolli.39c! for two heads of it!

Todays dinner cost 1.50!

Not to mention the UNBELIEVEABLE and highly addictive pork collar chops Aldis do.

Must bring this info to the cooking thread

That's it. I'm doing a broccoli weight per euro versus dollar and punds and kg experiment tonight

It is on!

You're getting some great value there in fairness, Gaz
You don't know the half of it man...you'd actually need a van to carry €20 worth of veg home from Aldi.

And its TOP QUALITY.As good as it gets imo.Straight from North County Dublin!
Best land in Ireland

That's it. I'm doing a broccoli weight per euro versus dollar and punds and kg experiment tonight

It is on!

You're getting some great value there in fairness, Gaz
I'd be interested in hearinmg the results of this.
When I lived stateside I gave up cooking cos the produce was so expensive...and in New York anyway..a bit bland..which I could never figure out

The spuds were rubbish anyway.

NIce tomotoes in New Jersey in the summer mind you

I love Aldi too, when I can make myself go into town with a backpack - its really annoyingly hard to do your shopping when you don't drive and live in Phibsboro - I can get a rake of vegan stuff in there for next to nothing.

I too am a broccoli fiend, yesterday for dinner I ate a half a head of broc, four carrots, a rake of cabbage, corn on the cob and some homemade patatas bravas. I get a real craving for massive amounts of steamed veg occasionally, a minor pleasure indeed.

yeah, i think i was being dramatic yesterday. i tend towards being laid back most of the time and then being HOLY CRAP THE WORLD IS ENDING.

I reworked the work schedule so now I have two days off in a row every week. This should actually be in the major pleasures thread.

Paid the cost

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this and a cup of tea

dsc00779-2.jpg

the best thing in lidl

Cold chocolate kills the flavour. Slightly warm means its satisfyingly soft and tastes delicious.

While I don't like it warm, I have similar views on white wine. If you've chilled the fuck out of it then it tastes of hardly anything. I think 10 degrees is fine for white wine, you don't need an ice bucket or have it so cold that there's condensation on the glass. The exception is prosecco/champagne/cava which is good cold (but it's not a deal breaker for me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back