Minor Pleasures (7 Viewers)

When JD McPherson released his debut record a couple of years ago every journalist wet themselves to hear him cite hip hop as a major influence. Their reasoning seemingly, was that 50s rock and roll style artists, who are mostly white males are probably all racists who live in a musical bubble .

These same journalists also wet themselves over the intro to one of his songs sounding like the Smith's "How soon is now" ...mainly because they've never heard a delay pedal before.

Their reasoning seemingly, was that 50s rock and roll style artists, who are mostly white males are probably all racists who live in a musical bubble .

i think it's more that it makes him sound 'edgy' and current and doesn't live in a bubble.
Or that's how it comes off to me anyway.

The brother-in-law is stone dead in love with that guy.

Happy Epilepsy Awareness Day yall :)

Prince-CTC.jpg

$20 seems a lot for that, is it?
Dunno, is it?
5lbs of onions, 5 lbs of carrots, 3 lbs of peppers, 3 lbs of broccoli, sleeve of garlic, large bag of spinach and a can of ground coffee.
Thought I got a deal. It will do me for the entire week. That's for sure.

Although this old lady was complaining about the price of broccoli to me ($1.69/lb which is about €3.40/kg)

Bought a 20lb turkey for $20.

Am in hyper-save right now.

I normally spend about 20-30 on a weekly shop, which is all of the above, plus veggie sausages, lots of cans of toms, hummus, chick peas, stock, kidney beans etc.

Anyway, I actually won a 40e one4all at work, so I spent it all in m&s on food for the week, so I feel special and everything is delicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Bladez
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back