Minor Pleasures (7 Viewers)

it's not worth it

Yeah, its not.Its awkward and inconvienient,Takes three hours to change one simple setting..and thats usually gotta be done at the command line level.I've a bald patch from scratching me head..and the walls have been shouted at.

But..it is THOROUGHLY enjoyable!

I'll be getting rid of the dual boot later and going full linux.Give it a couple months and its going on the lappy too.

I could happily spend 4 hours figuring out how to change the display resolution.

I was thinking of trying it out on the old shite computer in case it might run better than XP runs on it, dunno if I can be bothered though.
Its worth trying man.Its interesting.

Throw Mint on that box and have a look.It'd be a great internet box.It'll work like a real computer soon as you install.Linux has all the drivers built in these days.Wifi and everything

Outta interest..what cpu and ram is in it?

cpu is 2.4ghz (I think, does that sound like a cpu spec) and it has 2gb of ram. Its 12 years old and has really slowed down to hell in the last 6 months. I tried to install debian on it last week but the cd-rom drive is fucked and it wont boot from usb

I just got this delivered to work today. It's my present to myself and I'm probably more excited than I should be. That said, I also feel like I have one of those prison trackers on... like you can walk but only in this 2 mile radius. It's equally ugly and awesome.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just got this delivered to work today. It's my present to myself and I'm probably more excited than I should be. That said, I also feel like I have one of those prison trackers on... like you can walk but only in this 2 mile radius. It's equally ugly and awesome.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have been thinking of getting one of those, let me know how it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back