Minor Pleasures (11 Viewers)

I love buying 3 books in one go. What did you get?

Me too. Thank heavens for Waterstones. Though annoyingly they didn't have the 3 for 2 deal. I got the following;

stephen-kelman-pigeon-english-LST083245.jpg

735589.jpg

6a00d83451bcff69e201157215b45e970b-300wi

going to read them in that order too I think.

Me too. Thank heavens for Waterstones. Though annoyingly they didn't have the 3 for 2 deal. I got the following;

going to read them in that order too I think.

Nice one! I read the Ginger Man years ago. Must give it a shot again. No Waterstones in Dublin anymore, so less 3 for 2 deals available. But I used to get disressed when I couldn't find a 3rd book to complete the deal. At one stage, I thought they were doing it on purpose..!

Nice one! I read the Ginger Man years ago. Must give it a shot again. No Waterstones in Dublin anymore, so less 3 for 2 deals available. But I used to get disressed when I couldn't find a 3rd book to complete the deal. At one stage, I thought they were doing it on purpose..!

Hahah quite possibly! More often than not I go second hand book shopping as Brighton is amazing for it, but sometimes you just want new books.

i was in the offy and some girl about 5 foot nothing nearly ran me over then lifted a bottle of the cheapest vodka in the place off the shelf without breaking her step. she was in there for all of about 12 seconds. impressive.

I recently found €60 worth of book vouchers that I bought last year for my nephews when they were home on holidays from america but forgot to give them. So far I've bought Campo Santo by W.G. Sebald and How To Read Wittgenstein by Ray Monk. I bought Wittgenstein's Philosophical Investigations last year but there's always something more compelling to read. I was making good progress through my stash of unread books until I started reading Proust. Im nearly finished vol 2 now.

In other news - this wan from some house nearby dumped a load of leaves in the front garden this evening. She did the same thing last year. Last year I saw her do it - she came in the front gate dragging a huge rubble bag of leaves just as I was coming out the door. She dumped in the yard, smiled at me and went on her way. I was too confused at the time to ask her wtf she was at, I thought there had to be some sensible explanation for this behaviour. Anyway, i saw her sweeping leaves again today and I was keeping an eye on her. I had to go out then just as it was getting dark and she was finishing up and saw me coming out of the house and so she left her pile of leaves outside on the footpath and disappeared somewhere. I went down the road a bit and when I looked back I saw her peeping around the corner then she legged it up, grabbed the leaves and ran in my front gate. I started running back but when she came out the gate she saw me and she legged it up the side street and was gone from view before I got to the corner. I enjoyed all that.

i've been awake for 26 hours straight and was dreading teaching this evening, one student has pulled a sicky so i just have an hour and i can go to bed.

you won't be able to hear yourself singing though

Ha! Just as well. Lately, its been this a lot.. (also a minor pleasure in itself)

If I ever had to do karaoke, this would be the one. Thats a big if...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back