Minor complaints thread (14 Viewers)

I just sent a passive aggressive email. I've never been a passive aggressive notes person, despite being really, really, really passive aggressive (see problem above). It makes me sad.
I just spent the morning composing the most passive aggressive email possible. Just sent it now.

I make up for it by complaining very aggressively to a co-worker about it (on Skype).

I just spent the morning composing the most passive aggressive email possible. Just sent it now.

I make up for it by complaining very aggressively to a co-worker about it (on Skype).

Its horrible, I deleted and started over so many times. I hate household issues with people you actually like. I honestly suck at complaining about ANYTHING.

I once lived in a houseshare with two others and we barely spoke to each other face to face, pretty much only communicating through passive aggressive emails and post it notes. I went mental once when I came home early from a trip to Amsterdam to find some random dude sleeping in my bed in the middle of the day.

I just sent a passive aggressive email. I've never been a passive aggressive notes person, despite being really, really, really passive aggressive (see problem above). It makes me sad.

One of the few joys in my job is drafting hyper detailed method statements for picky pricks which treat them like idiots when they say that the standard one we send out isn't detailed enough

One of the few joys in my job is drafting hyper detailed method statements for picky pricks which treat them like idiots when they say that the standard one we send out isn't detailed enough

I wish I had that skill, but doing that for work would make me break out in anxiety hives.

You probably wouldn't know it from meeting me, but I'm just polite to a fault with strangers. I hate how much my natural temperament is to appease people. I can't even send horrible emails to work people I'll never meet in my whole life! I actually only managed to send said email to house mates because I was going crazy not sleeping and I'm now checking my email every 2 mins to see if they've responded. Just re-read it and I apologised four times in the body of the email... ugh. SUCH WEAK.

My wife sent a work-related email recently and she was worried that it came off too passive aggressive. She asked one of her colleagues to read over it and set her mind at ease. Her colleague said: "It's grand, it's not passive at all!"

Isn't that generally the norm for gigs these days

Unfortunately. I've missed a few things this year because they only seem to be announced in the days coming up to the gig or I only hear of it after it has happened.

I wish I had that skill, but doing that for work would make me break out in anxiety hives.

You probably wouldn't know it from meeting me, but I'm just polite to a fault with strangers. I hate how much my natural temperament is to appease people. I can't even send horrible emails to work people I'll never meet in my whole life! I actually only managed to send said email to house mates because I was going crazy not sleeping and I'm now checking my email every 2 mins to see if they've responded. Just re-read it and I apologised four times in the body of the email... ugh. SUCH WEAK.

There's a balance to be struck between standing up for yourself reasonably and not being antagonistic.
Get someone you trust to help you with these things. It always helps to get a second point if view.

There's a balance to be struck between standing up for yourself reasonably and not being antagonistic.
Get someone you trust to help you with these things. It always helps to get a second point if view.

I know, I definitely need to learn that balance. Even from sending that one email, I can now feel crazy anxiety in my chest. Oh man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back