Minor complaints thread (3 Viewers)

I saw a dog get hit by a car yesterday. He had just chewed through his lead and spotted my dog across the street and bolted. Poor driver could do nothing. It was a big lab and there was some bang. He limped off and seemed ok. But that didn't console the little girl who saw the whole thing. The dog was howling, the kid was crying, the mother was trying to deal with both. Add in that the dog no longer had a lead and was confused and scared. Hectic scene. We crossed the road, stroked the dog and got the fuck out of there.

People who leave a dribble of coffee in the jug so they don't have to make the next batch

They displease me

And people in work spilling coffee all over the place on their way back to their desks and not cleaning it up?

Displeasing, most displeasing

I saw a dog get hit by a car yesterday. He had just chewed through his lead and spotted my dog across the street and bolted. Poor driver could do nothing. It was a big lab and there was some bang. He limped off and seemed ok. But that didn't console the little girl who saw the whole thing. The dog was howling, the kid was crying, the mother was trying to deal with both. Add in that the dog no longer had a lead and was confused and scared. Hectic scene. We crossed the road, stroked the dog and got the fuck out of there.

You'd think yerman would have done the humane thing and reversed back over it.

You'd think yerman would have done the humane thing and reversed back over it.

My old man hit a sheep once on the way back from golf and it was in bad shape and it was in bad shape.
His two mates got out and after a cursory exam, battered it to death with nine irons.
I think I was about 11.

I should explain that the sheep was in a bad way.

And this was at the Curragh army barracks and they were afraid of getting lagged.

I believe the thinking was that a dead sheep behind a bush was better than a wounded one by the side of the road.

One of my Da's mates wanted to keep the sheep and sell it to a butcher. That's when I learned what 'mutton' meant.

Your dad's mate wanted to rob a farmer then?

Essentially, yeah.
Bit of a nutter. Covered in tats. Had been in the foreign legion after doing a bunk on some robbery charge.
And was then on the bunk from the fucking legion.
My Dad was trying to help him get his shit together.

Patron saint of lost causes, my Da.

I remember going over to visit his house with my Da.
Super dodge neighbourhood.

We went in and the kettle was put on.

This rottweiler hopped up out of nowhere at the kitchen half door with a hellish bark trying to get at us.
My Da's mate's son, threw something at him while yelling "DOWN, HITLER! DOWN!"

I wanted to leave then.

Essentially, yeah.
Bit of a nutter. Covered in tats. Had been in the foreign legion after doing a bunk on some robbery charge.
And was then on the bunk from the fucking legion.
My Dad was trying to help him get his shit together.

Patron saint of lost causes, my Da.

When I was in college I knew a guy, mature student from Limerick I think, who had done a stint in the Legion. Interesting dude, never really explained why he signed up other than to say that it was a thing to do, he didn't strike me as the type who needed a new identity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back