Minor complaints thread (8 Viewers)

Absolutely slaughtered with work. I'm now trying to get about three weeks work done in two days. Resulted in me having my first anxiety attack in a while and balling crying at my desk :( I'M SO PROFESSIONAL.

the house that love built

tumblr_m9qiopkqJO1r1b3q4o1_500.jpg

Is it the plug or the socket?

I actually plugged it into a floorstrip rather than a wall socket, didn't get it the whole way in and when the sparks happened I jumped back so quickly that I took the plug with me. so ... the socket I suppose. The tripswitch on the main fuseboard went and it seems as though I blew the fuse in the floorstrip as that isn't working anymore but I could plug the dryer in elsewhere.

At least that's what i think happened.

However as soon as it happend I got someone to come into the shed where the dryer is to have a look, because 2 electrical mishaps like this in one day is odd. They picked up a length of a power cable that was wired into a plug but the lead wasn't actually attached to any appliance. And he can't remember if he picked it up off the ground or took it out of the floor strip. If he picked it up off the ground it's possible that I picked it up thinking it was the lead from the dryer and tried to plug that in, and when I did it shorted, hence causing the sparks etc. If it was just plugged in then perhaps that's the cause of my water being electrified this morning.

But I can't think of any reason why an unconnected lead like that would be plugged in though. Actually I can't think of a reason when there'd be an unconnected lead like that lying on the floor either, but I'm not the only one with access to the shed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back