Minor complaints thread (4 Viewers)

This morning the kid decided to leave a small pile of muesli out in the back garden "for the birds to eat". I managed to clear most of it up, but not all of it as it was too much hassle to pick it out of the grass. I thought maybe the birds would eat the rest.

Got back home this evening & it was all still there in the grass. "Oh," I said to herself, "I suppose we don't really get many birds in our garden, do we?" And with that, I went out to the back garden, and a bird shit on my head.

Terrible pains in me chest since yesterday morning. this kinda shit always happens at the weekends when the doc isnt there.
Also, I never filled in that GP Visits card application form I got months ago.

Sorry to hear that Shaney

It's probably nothin to worry about. Here's some Internet stuff

http://library.mothernature.com/l/symptoms-their-causes-cures/chest-pain_2121.html

Symptom Relief

Chest pain does not always mean a visit to the emergency room. Still, when it occurs, be safe and let a doctor check it out. Here's how you and your doctor can keep angina and other chest pains under control.

Make an immediate pit stop. "Don't try to walk off a sudden chest pain," says Dr. Cantwell. "If the pain is from angina, it should go away with a few minutes of rest. If it doesn't, or if it gets worse, get to a doctor."

Blast the pain with nitro. A prescription nitroglycerin tablet dissolved under the tongue safely relieves most angina attacks in minutes by acting as a vasodilator. That means it causes the blood vessels to relax so more oxygen-rich blood can pass through. "Today you can get nitroglycerin in a skin patch, but many people find that the patches lose their effectiveness over the long term. There are long-acting tablets available that can be taken two to four times a day," says Dr. Moser.

Ask your doctor about medications. Other vasodilating medications for angina and other heart conditions include calcium channel blockers (nifedipine or diltiazem, for example). They increase the heart's oxygen supply. Beta blocker drugs (atenolol, propranolol) decrease the heart's need for oxygen by reducing the heart's workload.

Take aspirin. Aspirin can be a big help for injury-related pain as well as the inflammation that comes with pericarditis, says Dr. Moser. Also, people with angina may help lower their risk of heart attack by taking aspirin every day (with their physician's consent). A baby aspirin or half of a full aspirin is all that is necessary, he says. And if someone is suffering a heart attack, swallowing an aspirin on the way to the hospital may help to prevent clotting, says Dr. Moser.

Settle your stomach. Take an antacid tablet or a spoonful of Maalox, gulp some water, eat a cracker—anything to cool down your raging heartburn. And avoid those foods that tend to anger your gastrointestinal system.

Let one rip. Take a big gulp of club soda, open your mouth and let out a loud belch. It may be rude, but if the pain is from gas or a large meal, you'll feel a lot better than if you mind your manners. (For more tips on getting rid of gas, see page 204.)

Prop yourself up. Some chest pain, like that caused by pericarditis, comes on while lying down. Dr. Chambers recommends propping yourself up with pillows to prevent and alleviate this discomfort.

Uncoil yourself. Loosen up. Relax. Meditate. Take a vacation. Or seek professional counseling. Stress and anxiety buildup may create chest pain, which only makes you more stressed and anxious.

Avoid activities that bring on the pain. Although exercise is important, angina pain may be more prevalent with certain aerobic activities like running or shoveling snow. Find less strenuous workouts like walking or swimming to keep yourself fit.

Kick the habit. Smoking constricts the blood vessels and makes the heart work harder. People who have angina often see a marked reduction in chest pains within weeks of quitting.

Imbibe with caution. One too many highballs can go to your heart as well as your head. Excessive alcohol consumption produces many heart irregularities, including chest pains.

Curtail your coffee consumption. Ditto for colas and other beverages containing caffeine or other stimulants.

The shower in my gaf fell off the wall. Not the shower head the electrical fucking box bit. I could have been toasted and it's hanging off by the fucking pipe. If it falls all the way off it'll flood the place. Fuck Sake.

Never ending chest infection.I thought giving up the smokes would spell the end of this shite.

But Oh Noes.It dosent.Still goodies to be hocked up.

Getting stuck behind a little old lady driver leaving a multi story car park 4 floors up.

Playing very early at Electric Picnic on the Friday and cant get any time off work cause i'm the only one there in my department that week. To top it off the band keep at me to get down early

Playing very early at Electric Picnic on the Friday and cant get any time off work cause i'm the only one there in my department that week. To top it off the band keep at me to get down early

Work is for money, rock is for sanity.

People who ring your door bell & then urgently rap on the glass with a key seconds later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back