Minor complaints thread (8 Viewers)

Didn't bring lunch to work today so I went out to buy a roll.
....mmmmmm food bought in service stations - it's great being home :-(

So I got a chicken roll, bag of chips and a diet coke
"That'll be 4.75"
I hand over a debit card
"Ther'll be 20c cent on that because it's under 5"
"What?"
"You can use the ATM over there"
"No just give me back the card"

I left the stuff and walked out and bought it in the next shop

My colleagues think I'm some class of serial killer for doing this. But fuck it. When did every company in the country feel completely entitled to fuck people around and when did we all get so fucking servile and compliant.
Ha, over 25 cent ? why didn't you just buy a Freddo bar or pack of chewing gum ?

First world problem, right there.

It's worse in pubs though.

"Sorry can't serve you if it's under £5."

"But a pint costs £3.60, what do you want me to do oreder 2 pints and let one go flat ?"

"Ehm"

"Fuck it throw a Jameson on there too"

Best lunch break ever.

Sorry what were we complaining about ?

Didn't bring lunch to work today so I went out to buy a roll.
....mmmmmm food bought in service stations - it's great being home :-(

So I got a chicken roll, bag of chips and a diet coke
"That'll be 4.75"
I hand over a debit card
"Ther'll be 20c cent on that because it's under 5"
"What?"
"You can use the ATM over there"
"No just give me back the card"

I left the stuff and walked out and bought it in the next shop

My colleagues think I'm some class of serial killer for doing this. But fuck it. When did every company in the country feel completely entitled to fuck people around and when did we all get so fucking servile and compliant.
ATM's in London regularly charge you up to £2 to take out your own money. You'd be hard pressed to find a local shop that doesn't charge you 50p minimum to use your card where I live. Where I used to live the fuckers in my local grocery shop started charging £1.50 to use your card. Unbelievable. I told them it was ridiculous and I'd never be shopping there again.

Do people hold hands in public after the age of 13?

I knew an amazing couple, very close family friends and like grandparents to me, who always held hands in public. They also walked arm in arm and he always opened doors, pushed in her chair etc. She was 98 when she died and he lived to 104. They were amazing. My current husband was the only "young man" she thought was handsome enough and good enough for me - that when she met him nearly 18 years ago when neither of us had romatic thoughts. I miss them every day and I often wish that she'd lived to see us married and to meet our little man.

Not liking death. My father's best friend died suddenly the other night. Dad was there with him, drinking tea and chatting. Danny was so good to us after Bun died, such a kind and thoughtful man.

Holding hands isn't so bad, what really gets me is those lads who feel they have to constantly hold their girlfriend like they're gonna escape or something. Idiots.

I’m more accustom to men walking a head of me only to realise I’ve been lost in a sea of people behind them and/or crossing the road and expecting me to run/follow nearly getting hit by on coming traffic. I honestly can’t imagine anyone wanting to hold my hand lovingly or even possessively. I think I’d nearly jump out of my skin if someone tried.

Took the morning off and, like a good son, brought my mother to Ikea because her car is too small to fit a flat pack wardrobe in. Ended up spending more on stuff for my place than she spent for hers.

On the upside I manged to get her through the whole shop, door to till in 50 minutes, which is a shocker.

I am supposed to finish work at 4pm every day. Monday a meeting was scheduled for 3pm and at 4.30 I had to excuse myself. This afternoon I've been drafted into a 3.30 meeting which will probably take at least as long as Monday's meeting. I really dislike people who wander in late in the morning and then expect everyone else to work late because they have to to make up their hours.

I was sitting in at a meeting all day yesterday and only noticed towards the end that I had puke all over my left shoe.

It was baby puke so I like to think that it's not too gross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back