Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

thumped keeps forgetting me,even when I click "remember me"

every.fucking.time

yes..this keeps happening to me now too

It's because I've switched browsers and don't have a handy Thumped button at the top of the screen anymore so now I keep accidentally going to the main page...which logs me out

it is annoying

It's because I've switched browsers and don't have a handy Thumped button at the top of the screen anymore so now I keep accidentally going to the main page...which logs me out

it is annoying

it's for your own good

seriously though - i need to do some reading on session timeouts & exactly why a company (vB) don't care how long you keep a session open, but an open source project (J!) think sessions should expire after 15 minutes "for security reasons"

Bollocks!

Last week I shrank my boot partition...now I'm running outta space.Duhhhhhh

Maybe I'm missing something but what is the login required for on joomla/thumped.com? There's no commenting system for the blog posts that I can see.

I say nix it if doesn't work/takes too much time to maintain. I just tried logging over there & it didn't work. Replace the login form area with a big link that takes you to /bbs.

Well, there are a few things that require logins like adding events & videos for starters, and the plan was (is?) to integrate more stuff down the line. The news post comments side of things never really worked out, but that was as much to do with my inability to modify some CSS as anything else (like nobody giving a fuck). The main problem is it's all still very much a work in progress, and probably always will be unless i get sacked from the day job.

But mostly the login integration is there to bug the shit out of people.

The vBulletin user database is the master DB, and the Joomla side is the slave. There's a 3rd party system sitting in between that takes the user info from vB & maps it across to Joomla. Problems arise if there's more than one account with the same email address, or if an account has certain non-ASCII characters. All other things being equal, your vB username & password SHOULD work on Joomla....

it is annoying

Well I'm glad it's not just me

Why has my mind just conjured up some bizarre thumped Blind Date???

"Come on out terry from clondalkin,he plays bass:drinks beamish and he loves monster munch"

"what is your first question for our Terry,Jill??"

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back