Minor complaints thread (7 Viewers)

Yeah Tidal. Are you telling me the internets is wrong?
Spotify pay out 70% of their revenue, so on a standard Irish Spotify subscription ~EUR7.70 gets paid out. How can Tidal pay out 4 times that amount when their subscription costs the exact same?

Everyone focuses on per-stream numbers, but they're a total red herring.

Spotify pay out 70% of their revenue, so on a standard Irish Spotify subscription ~EUR7.70 gets paid out. How can Tidal pay out 4 times that amount when their subscription costs the exact same?

Everyone focuses on per-stream numbers, but they're a total red herring.
why is it a red-herring?

If I stream my favourite twee song from my favourite twee indie-bedwetter band 27 times, and the per-stream pay out is 4x with tidal than with Spotify, by what logic will they receive more for my streams with Spotify than with Tidal?

I know the answer. My favourite band will get more with Tidal but its still fuck all, and most of the 7.70 Spotify subscription goes to Taylor Swift.

It's a red herring because your favourite band won't actually get more with Tidal.

According to this Tidal calculates its payouts in the exact same way Spotify does.

The average-per-stream payout difference is because Spotify has a free tier and Tidal doesn't, plus Tidal is available in fewer poor countries. Tidal seem like a better deal for artists, but it really isn't

You do realise that the less you pay for Spotify the less artists get out of it, right? @nuke terrorist is living on social welfare, so he has an excuse
I pay full price for an Apple Music family subscription, but the kid wants Spotify premium because that’s what her friends use and share playlists on. Taylor Swift and Harry Styles will just have to cope with one more Indian-rated contribution. Oh no.

I paid ~€25 for a Green Lung tshirt at their merch table a couple of weeks ago. How many Spotify Ireland vs Spotify India stream royalties do you think their mark up is worth?

I pay full price for an Apple Music family subscription, but the kid wants Spotify premium because that’s what her friends use and share playlists on. Taylor Swift and Harry Styles will just have to cope with one more Indian-rated contribution. Oh no.

I paid ~€25 for a Green Lung tshirt at their merch table a couple of weeks ago. How many Spotify Ireland vs Spotify India stream royalties do you think their mark up is worth?
I should have known better than to cast aspersions. Sorry @pete !

Well this is fun. The info board still informs you that 1st class is located at the front of the train. The train that doesn't exist.
Next one in thirty minutes. Maybe.

There's actually a major complaint relating to this journey.

Asahi £7.70

Attachments

• IMG_20240620_140926~2.jpg
    IMG_20240620_140926~2.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 0
There was a big 7-8'' wide hardwood (probably teak) plank in a skip nearby with minimal damage. I missed my window as it's now covered in about 1/2 ton of plasterboard.

One of those jumbo/roll on skips, which would have involved a bit of climbing, which is why I hadn't already nonchalantly filched it as I walked past

I went to get my head shaved yesterday and the barbers was closed until July. I want my head shaved now but don't feel like doing it...

...Just decided I better do this now or I will get nothing else done today.

Also my boombox CD player in kitchen is not working very well.

I went to get my head shaved yesterday and the barbers was closed until July. I want my head shaved now but don't feel like doing it...

...Just decided I better do this now or I will get nothing else done today.

Also my boombox CD player in kitchen is not working very well.
As a man who needs a haircut myself.. I can empathise

Well this is fun. The info board still informs you that 1st class is located at the front of the train. The train that doesn't exist.
Next one in thirty minutes. Maybe.

There's actually a major complaint relating to this journey.

Asahi £7.70

Update on this, I should get a refund for that journey. Don't know how it works in Ireland but there's a system for this over here.

I do foresee a to-ing and fro-ing of frustrating emails though.

The return journey was lovely.

I ordered two 3 X 5 ft Palestinian flags and got two 3x2 flags.
Both my CD players are acting the maggot. The HiFi one doesn't play at all sometimes. The boom box one often gets stuck and stops in the middle of play back.
I also had an online order cancelled the day after it went through because I hadn't used the account for about ten years and their security was OTT.

There’s music playing so loud outside that it sounds like a balrog is coming. The whole building is vibrating and there’s dogs going nuts.

*edit Rammstein are playing, I thought that was yesterday.
I retract my complaint.

There's a guy in the office who's very loudly cleared his throat every 60 seconds, since he came in this morning. I've asked him if he needs water or hayfever tablets but he just looked at me like I had 2 heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back