Minor complaints thread (16 Viewers)

only dubs who dont realise theres more to the country than dublin (and cork off in the distance somewhere) think that rugby is only for rich prods who go to private schools. I wouldnt be caught dead playing it, or any other sport for that matter, but whatever and stuff

Haha, well I'm a northsider, went to a public school and play rugby. Simply because most other sports bore me to tears and I hate gyms, so I decided to give it a go. And it's great.

Do you ever have to touch another mans balls in the scrums?
My opinion of rugby is that once upon a time, somewhere in england they were playing soccer, and someone was shit at it but really big, so he just picked up the ball and ran through everyone in frustration. luckily for him, the majority of people on the pitch were shit and thought picking up the ball and running away was way better craic, so it sorta caught on. they all went for pints of cider after and that was that.

Do you ever have to touch another mans balls in the scrums?
My opinion of rugby is that once upon a time, somewhere in england they were playing soccer, and someone was shit at it but really big, so he just picked up the ball and ran through everyone in frustration. luckily for him, the majority of people on the pitch were shit and thought picking up the ball and running away was way better craic, so it sorta caught on. they all went for pints of cider after and that was that.

No I'm a centre.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Webb_Ellis

Packed up all my shit, turned off my computers & drives went to put my coat on & realized I had another hour of work to go... feckit

Haha, well I'm a northsider, went to a public school and play rugby. Simply because most other sports bore me to tears and I hate gyms, so I decided to give it a go. And it's great.

youre not from The Northside. you just about live there now but youre a westy, fess up.

personally i find rugby boring until one of them is doing a run and dummying and shit.
also, much like golf, a huge percentage of its followers are morons.
it also bores me to tears like american football and baseball. too tactical and not enough skill on show. its fun to play though but overall its just never gonna have a player like Messi for example that will melt your face with awe.

with the general moratorium on brits out comments, northside/southside dublin tensions seem to be on the increase. i think ye's should get some grants and make a peace bridge, like derry.

Rugby should have died with the Celtic Tiger.
It's a southsider's sport, with a few enclaves on the northside and a few schools in Cork.

spoke to two people on monday about the game - derek the carwash guy from killester and billy the 50sth welder from cabra - neither of them an irish times-reading, heino-drinking, m.d.b.-grad. also the romanian delivery guy on tuesday who sympathised over the ferris thing. the kiely's brigade is about as representative of the average rugby fan as david cameron is of the average smiths fan.

@ hermie - are you in fact the barnhall 13OD?

spoke to two people on monday about the game - derek the carwash guy from killester and billy the 50sth welder from cabra - neither of them an irish times-reading, heino-drinking, m.d.b.-grad. also the romanian delivery guy on tuesday who sympathised over the ferris thing. the kiely's brigade is about as representative of the average rugby fan as david cameron is of the average smiths fan.

@ hermie - are you in fact the barnhall 13OD?

Can't you leave me my sweeping generalisations?

Must you destroy everything?

Derek from Killester is only buying into the whole rugby thing because Ireland are reasonably successful. If Ireland had been shit for the last 10/15 years he wouldn't give a fuck. Awful, dreadful sport.

No one I know liked rugby before the Celtic tiger years..no one! young or old, north or south, urban or rural

..well apart from three guys..this welder dude. a Romanian acquaintance and Derek who worked as a car washer I think

but apart from them..no one

Derek from Killester is only buying into the whole rugby thing because Ireland are reasonably successful. If Ireland had been shit for the last 10/15 years he wouldn't give a fuck. Awful, dreadful sport.

ireland are perennial underachievers, 2009 withstanding. only top 8 team to never make a rwc semi, always at least one loose game per 6n.

derek played club rugby on the wing for the newbridge 3rds in the early 80s, but that was only because of the triple crown team, yeah?

keep projecting. next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back