Ministry gig....relive your mis-spent youth (1 Viewer)

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
The only connection sound-wise between Godflesh and Scorn is that Justin Broadrick played guitar on the first Scorn album. It's good, but not as good as anything Godflesh have released.
I don't know Dead World. To be honest the only grindcore I can really stand these days is old Earache stuff...Napalm Death, Repulsion, Bolt Thrower and mostly Godflesh. Is it like any of these?

Do you know "Brotherhood Of The Bomb" by Techno Animal?
It's amazing. And I'm really looking forward to hearing Jesu.

sorry, did i say grind? i meant sludge. i was only really into it for the ambient electronic stuff. i like the more electronic end of industrial myself, very big skinny puppy fan back in the day.

techno animal rules.

The only connection sound-wise between Godflesh and Scorn is that Justin Broadrick played guitar on the first Scorn album. It's good, but not as good as anything Godflesh have released.
I don't know Dead World. To be honest the only grindcore I can really stand these days is old Earache stuff...Napalm Death, Repulsion, Bolt Thrower and mostly Godflesh. Is it like any of these?

Do you know "Brotherhood Of The Bomb" by Techno Animal?
It's amazing. And I'm really looking forward to hearing Jesu.

is half of techno animal The Bug?
i wanna hear techno animal - copy me that shit or sumthin
i'll hook you up with a load of MF Doom instrumentals.

andrew

Good old head of David,
'LP'
Now that was a name for an LP
As for the Godflesh fans, check out "God" which was Godflesh with some jazz trumpets and an extra drummer. Monster. Even the 6 track Dub remix ep was great. As for scorn, Vae Solis, all the way.

Only got the Dustbowl LP Gary which is fucking good. Might just dig that out tomorrow. I really like the Sweet Tooth stuff. Ignorant as fuck sounding especially the first tune on Soft White Underbelly. Any Broadrick fans should also get Ice's first album which is a weird hip hop, drum n bass, dub, noise thing with Kevin Martin screaming all over it. Disturbing stuff. All that early Scorn stuff like Deliverence, White Irises Blind etc is fucking great too.

How much amazing music has been spawned from the mighty Napalm Death. There's a seriously big family tree there.

To be honest the only grindcore I can really stand these days is old Earache stuff...Napalm Death, Repulsion, Bolt Thrower and mostly Godflesh.

Grindcrusher.

I mean..... jesus.

Grindcrusher. Fuck me.

remind me why i sold that lp?

oh yeah - i'm a fucking sap.

still have the Napalm Death / Electro Hippies 7" that came with it though, so all is not lost.

but seriously.

Grindcrusher.

Listened to a Godflesh album (I think it was Streetcleaner) about ten years ago before going to sleep. Gave me weird as hell dreams. Think they might have had the whole subliminal message thing going on years before Marilyn Manson.

Have "dustbowl" and "lp" fucking incredible. Used to have some other stuff on tape including the peel session but it's all long gone.
Napalm Death,funny to think there's not an original member left. And hard to believe their first appearance on vinyl was on Acrass records bullshit detector comp. Those first 2 lp's are hard to beat though.
The last Godflesh album was incredible too.Glad I got to see them before they split.And Ted parsons was on drums!!!!!!!!!!

Not a bad band mentioned on this thread so far.
Head of David are MONSTERS. Brilliant stuff. How about Fall Of Because? Broadrick's band between ND and Head Of David? I heard it about a year ago, it's angry stuff.
First song on From Enslavement = Pure genius. The entire album is great. Mentally Murdered E.P. = Also genius.
RAD, I think you're right about the Half of Techno Animal being the Bug, but I've never heard em. It's Kevin Martin out of God. I will copy Brotherhood Of The Bomb for you. Give me details bub.

Grindcrusher.....I'll second that emotion. It is outstanding. I have the vinyl, the one with the blue and yellow cover, which is class, and I recently picked up the tape version which had about 3 times the number of songs (Sweet Tooth, O.L.D., Painkiller etc). And wasn't there a second Grindcrusher? I remember seeing a double vinyl release years ago, but never picked it up. Is that 7" the shortest single in the world?

I reckon the last Godflesh album is good, but it's their weakest. I think Streetcleaner, Pure and Slavestate are the best ones, followed closely by all the other stuff. They're on a brilliant Wire compilation doing 40 Versions.

For the record I love Nelly Furtado though.

I could be wrong here because it was many years ago but wasn't Brodarick involved in a band called Main also that released some ep's in the early 90's. I used to have cassette copies of 2 ep's and they were great. If anyone knows anything about this band it would be great if you could help cos I'd like to hear them again and the tape is well gone from the archives

main

Originally posted by error type 11
I could be wrong here because it was many years ago but wasn't Brodarick involved in a band called Main also that released some ep's in the early 90's. I used to have cassette copies of 2 ep's and they were great. If anyone knows anything about this band it would be great if you could help cos I'd like to hear them again and the tape is well gone from the archives

Don't know that much about them....Robert Hampson out of Loop is in Main. I have their first album, Dry Stone Feed. It's great, kind of like Loop, but a bit more chopped up electronic sounding, veering towards ambient stuff occasionally.
Calla's drummer did something with them, and they have an ep with one Main remix on it, can't remember what it sounds like.

Grindcrusher.....I'll second that emotion. It is outstanding. I have the vinyl, the one with the blue and yellow cover, which is class, and I recently picked up the tape version which had about 3 times the number of songs (Sweet Tooth, O.L.D., Painkiller etc).

Yup, the CD had exta stuff too. but no free 7"!

And wasn't there a second Grindcrusher? I remember seeing a double vinyl release years ago, but never picked it up. Is that 7" the shortest single in the world?
There was, but grindcrusher was one of them one of a kind things, of its time & capturing the zeitgeist and all that shite...

I think that 7" is in the guinness book of records, yes...
For the record I love Nelly Furtado though.

Who doesn't????

Forgot about the Godflesh/Loop connection. Never liked loop records but saw them years ago and they ruled. You will probably all kill me but I just traded my copy of the "Fleshloop" clawfist 7" to Kjetil from Noxagt.It was the second copy I have traded.

Originally posted by pete
There was, but grindcrusher was one of them one of a kind things, of its time & capturing the zeitgeist and all that shite...

Just checked the tracklisting on allmusic.com...I forgot about Terrorizer, Filthy Christians, Intense Degree (!), Morbid Angel and Entombed. Magnificent stuff.

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of the Fleshloop 7". I have the songs taped....Straight to your heart is so good. I have a soft spot for Loop...but it's true that they never quite got there on record.
And another thing, I never got that Repulsion album...does anyone here have it? I have two songs from them, both on compilations, and they're class. I'd love to hear the rest of their stuff.

ok....time to bring out the big guns: Anyone into Lärm? I only heard them in the last couple of years, but they totally prefigured what Napalm Death subsequently became famous for. And I think Mick Harris is wearing one of their T-shirts on the cover of Scum.

Larm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome,I have the 7"s and one lp,There is a discography cd available.You should also check out Pandemonium,Agent Orange(dutch) and Jesus and the Gospel Fuckers. Amongst many great euro hardcore bands. Another band that Napalm Death got alot from was a boston band called Siege fucking incredible!!!!!

Originally posted by GARYXKNIFEDX
Larm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome,I have the 7"s and one lp,There is a discography cd available.You should also check out Pandemonium,Agent Orange(dutch) and Jesus and the Gospel Fuckers. Amongst many great euro hardcore bands. Another band that Napalm Death got alot from was a boston band called Siege fucking incredible!!!!!

:)
yep, Larm are totally deadly.
Siege is another in the long line of good hardcore bands I've never got to hear, through laziness mainly. I never send away for stuff. What's the story with them? Are they like Doom? Cos that's how I imagine them.

Not like Doom at all. Over the top fast,brutal as fuck boston hardcore. Hard to imagine what it would have been like to hear them at the time. If you are very patient I could tape it for you along with other classic old hardcore. But patient is the key word.

I don't think I've heard Siege but Doom rock the boat. Lots of classic tracks on the Total Doom comp, stuff like Nazi die etc etc,

What about the Canadian Slaughter, Napalm were influenced by them also I believe. heard a copy of one of their albums last year. Good stuff for early 80's metal

The Grindcrusher double lp contains the original Grindcrusher single lp as lp one and a second lp with loads of additional tracks.

May I mention Hardcore Holocaust II as a cracking lp of Peel session tracks by the great ones 'back in the day'

Grin crusher

Originally posted by error type 11
I don't think I've heard Siege but Doom rock the boat. Lots of classic tracks on the Total Doom comp, stuff like Nazi die etc etc,

What about the Canadian Slaughter, Napalm were influenced by them also I believe. heard a copy of one of their albums last year. Good stuff for early 80's metal

The Grindcrusher double lp contains the original Grindcrusher single lp as lp one and a second lp with loads of additional tracks.

May I mention Hardcore Holocaust II as a cracking lp of Peel session tracks by the great ones 'back in the day'

I just found Hardcore Holocaust II on allmusic.....it's not the one I remember, but it looks absolutely amazing. I'm definitely going to look for it. The one I remember had Doctor and the Crippens doing Blitzkrieg Bop, and Septic Death and stuff like that. It had a lighter cover with a map on it and some skater punks or something like that. It's years and years since I heard it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back