Ministry gig....relive your mis-spent youth (1 Viewer)

Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
www.facebook.com
Got a text this morning saying that Ministry are playing in the Musick Centre on June 27th, and the tickets will be 23 Euro.

jesus built my hotrod, it's a love affair...
thieves! thieves and liars! (electric screwdriver!!!)

i hope they play the oldies... they have some pretty dodgy stuff like...

I saw them in Paris a few years ago (supported by Godflesh!). They basically played "In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up [live]" and stuff off Psalm69 and Filthpig...And a friend of mine saw them in Germany a year later and it was a similar story, so I'd say there's a good chance they'll play the hits. I think their newer stuff (after Filthpig) is really good. They haven't made any huge innovative leaps, but it's still really kick-ass.
Jesus, they put on one hell of a good-time-crazyfresh-industo-metal-freakout good show. Nobody moved for Godflesh (who I thought were better btw), but the place EXPLODED for Ministry. And they played for ages.

Originally posted by AlphaRelish
i'd love to see godflesh!

Jaaaaaaaaayyses
Didn't you get to see them in TBMC?
Really and truly, if there is a better heavy band out there than Godflesh, then I want to know about them. Cos they DON'T EXIST.
And now a moment of silence.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Godflesh. R.I.P.

Long live Techno Animal.

Sorry.....I really love Godflesh, and it's too early for me to try to be funny about it. I have a head like a bag of spanners this morning.

That Godflesh TBMC gig was one of the best I've seen. I think that was their last gig with G C Green. Then when they supported Devin Townsend at the same venue it was the band's last gig. Fucking raging I missed it. Jesu is going to be amazing listening to that interview. Slow all the way.

Godflesh.com is class. The forum used to be hilarious...Nick Bullen and Mick Harris givin it loads.

Anyone get the Messiah ep? First two songs are right now my favourite Godflesh songs.

Originally posted by Latex lizzie
there you are the "big man"talking shit about music and too busy to put together that cd for me..big man yeah.(please put a godflesh tune on there me lovley) when yer finished havin yer big talk.

. ... !ninjaaaa
. .... ^
. .. / III \
. ../ III /_____
..m IL_______)------
. .... I I W
. .... I I
. .... I I
. .... L L

Originally posted by herv
anyone like scorn? i only have zander, is the earlier stuff anyway decent?

Early stuff (first two) is very thick sludgy heavy dubby stuff...later on they chilled out a lot. Logghi Barogghi and Gyral are better than Zander, but that period of Scorn is all very similar sounding.....If you like Zander, then buy Logghi Barogghi.
Nick Bullen left Scorn when Mick Harris glassed him during some kind of dispute. There's a hilarious argument between the two of them on a chatroom somewhere, where they are throwing all sorts of outlandish accusations at each other. I can't remember where it is, but it's worth hunting down.

Originally posted by Burgerbarbaby
There's a hilarious argument between the two of them on a chatroom somewhere, where they are throwing all sorts of outlandish accusations at each other. I can't remember where it is, but it's worth hunting down.

sounds like my thing completely. :D :D :D

zander is ok i guess, i have some godflesh too, i prefer that. do you know dead world? grindcore, kinda godfleshy, track titles like "orgy of self mutilation". some nice dark ambient stuff on there as well.

interesting.

The only connection sound-wise between Godflesh and Scorn is that Justin Broadrick played guitar on the first Scorn album. It's good, but not as good as anything Godflesh have released.
I don't know Dead World. To be honest the only grindcore I can really stand these days is old Earache stuff...Napalm Death, Repulsion, Bolt Thrower and mostly Godflesh. Is it like any of these?

Do you know "Brotherhood Of The Bomb" by Techno Animal?
It's amazing. And I'm really looking forward to hearing Jesu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back