Minimum price for alcohol (1 Viewer)

Drink think

• Barf

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Make mine a double

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for budding entreprenuers to set up a lucrative business selling northern cans out of their house.Theres no gardai in a lot of small towns so it'd be pretty handy

Set up a text hotline...word won't be long spreading

At this stage I've spent more of my life dyn syth than I have up north

When I go home I bring booze with em, so I don't know anymore

Some seetcheeayshin hai

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for budding entreprenuers to set up a lucrative business selling northern cans out of their house.Theres no gardai in a lot of small towns so it'd be pretty handy

Set up a text hotline...word won't be long spreading

There's a pre built in Can Run movie

Working title - Yes We Can

Is there still a dial-a-can service? We used to use it a bit when we were 18/19 but I haven't heard anything about it in years.

Not sure what this about but I suspect this is just like the have to buy 20 fag's thing and I am not sure if this could change the drinking culture

Last edited:
Get rid of below cost booze prices in supermarkets, job done.

That's pretty much exactly what it's targeting right? Like the €4 bottles of wine or slabs of 20 cans for €15 you can get in Tescos? For most drinkers it won't be that big of a deal, like a 6pack of cans would be about €13 (with the highest estimated price) which is about what you're paying for stuff that isn't complete piss anyway.

Alcohol isn't exactly an essential element of life, drinking two less cans on a night isn't exactly a big deal.

That's pretty much exactly what it's targeting right? Like the €4 bottles of wine or slabs of 20 cans for €15 you can get in Tescos? For most drinkers it won't be that big of a deal, like a 6pack of cans would be about €13 (with the highest estimated price) which is about what you're paying for stuff that isn't complete piss anyway.

Alcohol isn't exactly an essential element of life, drinking two less cans on a night isn't exactly a big deal.
Wine shopping in Aldi will take a hit

Bavaria will come,that's a problem for me. Last time I was in Belfast we bought drink after hours out of a car boot.

Same here! Asked the taxi driver where we could get booze, stopped on a side street where a lad offered us either a slab of beer or a bottle of whiskey. Car pulls up a few minutes later, deal is done everyone is happy.

Apart from the tax man

So does this not mean that this will have little affect on most people? By and large, it won't make much difference?

More importantly, what price difference will this make to:
  1. Six Dutch
  2. A flagon of cider
  3. A bottle of Buckfast
  4. the cheapest of alcopops (which I think are already expensive enough these days)

Will this just remove the joy of bargain hunting booze?

Doubt it will have any impact as Buckfast is fairly pricey these days anyway. Bottles of wine go up to around 7.90 at cheapest, i think Buckfast is around €14 these days.

Although i was in Lahinch a few months ago and they were selling it for €18.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back