Minimum price for alcohol (1 Viewer)

Drink think

• Barf

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Make mine a double

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Minimum pricing seems also to be a sop for publicans, they seem to hope that the genie of home drinking can be put back in the bottle or something.

Will this have an impact on the price of a bottle of whiskey? Jameson has already gone up by something like 60% in the last half decade.
seems unlikely, unless there's a tesco-brand cheap whiskey

Off-licence group chair says only cheapest drink will rise in price

Under the new rules a minimum price, expected to be between 90 cent and €1.10 per 10 grams of alcohol, will be imposed on all retailers. There are about 200g of alcohol in a bottle of spirits so the cheapest it could be sold for when the new regulations come into force would be €18. Tesco currently sells a bottle of what it calls “Everyday Value Vodka” at €13.99.

"
The top 10 percent of American drinkers - 24 million adults over age 18 - consume, on average, 74 alcoholic drinks per week. That works out to a little more than four-and-a-half 750 ml bottles of Jack Daniels, 18 bottles of wine, or three 24-can cases of beer. In one week.

Or, if you prefer, 10 drinks per day."

yeow

10 drinks per day is essentially 5 pints a day right?

Couldn't do it meself but know many people who did for years. Most of them stopped by their mid 20's mind

"
The top 10 percent of American drinkers - 24 million adults over age 18 - consume, on average, 74 alcoholic drinks per week. That works out to a little more than four-and-a-half 750 ml bottles of Jack Daniels, 18 bottles of wine, or three 24-can cases of beer. In one week.

yeow

the american dream

A guy who works with my brother believes his house is haunted. The "ghost" misplaces things and has pushed his wife down the stairs etc

He (the guy, not he ghost) drinks 10 cans a night, as does his wife. Proper drinking happens at weekends.

When it was mentioned that that is quite a lot of booze he said "well it is and it isn't"

There's a sketch or Viz comic strip in there

I know plenty who do that every night and I am thankful for them.

enabler!

tumblr_m26sqlbztG1rrypaso1_500.jpg

Its blatant discrimination against alcoholics.Its on a par with institutional homophobia

And something something Hitler

"

yeow

I dont think the 80/20 rule would apply in ireland... practically everyone is an alcho by american standards

it doesn't seem believable that 10% of america could be drinking at that level

bit suspicious of that data

edit: oops, 10% of drinkers, not the whole population

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back