Mini-Laptop - I so want one :-) (2 Viewers)

The guy in the shop I bought it from said it was best to leave the battery out when i was n't using it...

The wifes ma got this from her man

7" CnM miniBOOK Laptop

20024428.jpg

a brief look at forums around say it won't play youtube stuff or audio...is this true? i've only had a quick shot of it but thats mad when you consider phones can watch youtube..any links or wisdom about?

Product Description
The CnM Minibook is an affordable mini notebook with low power consumption, designed for communication and digital multimedia entertainment by accessing the Internet through wireless broadband. With its Xip Word and Spreadsheet packages it can be used for working on the road and with integrated e-book reader, picture browser, Flash player, instant messaging communicator, e-dictionary, MP3 player and Calendar there are a large range of uses for this portable wonder. Because it runs on a secure version of Linux, it can be used without threat of virus infection

Yeah..you goto youtube on the CnMBook and youtube amicably suggests you d/ld a relevant flash update yoker...we do that...d/ld manager does its job but then doesn't open the flash update...just stalls forever...ever is a long time...so i search our agony and loadsa heads say you may be able to d/ld vid and play on CnM's movieplayer...but not play from youtube...as for audio i got the same flash/update nudge when while pissed i tried to play some myspace tunes on the CnM. But it should play vids and sounds, should it Gaz?

Been thinking of getting either the the advent 4211c or the asus 1000h. Anyone have either of these, or been able to compare them? Was thinking more of getting the asus but i haven't been able to physically check one out as theres none in the shops as far as I can see. Heading over to London this week so might have a look there, anyone know good spots to check for 'puters over there?

I've a white one with XP on it. Very pleased.
It's fast enough once you don't install too much crap (i stuck on objectdock and slowed things way down) and take off the stupid mcafee thing.
There's a nerdy enthusiast forum at www.sammynetbook.com
Incidentally, the drive is already split in 2 so it'd be well east to dual boot Linux and XP.

I've just ordered it! Whats the battery life on it like?

I see that Eeebuntu has the pete brady seal of quality too.

Was 6 hours. Now down to about 5 and a half on light use.
A good bit less watching films and the like.
Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back