Mini-Laptop - I so want one :-) (2 Viewers)

No chance. Word processing, email/internet and video/mp3 playback is about all they can handle comfortably.

One of those lovely small sony vaios.

2 grand but.

3.jpg

No flippin' way can I justify splashin' that sorta cash on a puter.

Generally the smaller you go the more expensive they get. The vaios do anyway.

Otherwise you could probably get a 15" laptop that'd check all your boxes for 1,200.

Flip. I might have to bite the bullet. The old desktop is about 4 or 5 years old now and has a smell of death on it.

I'd also like to be able to sit in a pub, use their wi-fi, have a pint and watch filth/play WOW.

I'm using photoshop CS2 on my advent. No problem with it whatsoever. Obviously, my desktop is faster, but it works decently enough. I wouldn't try merging five pics from 5D though. Well, maybe I will. Just as a test.

But the wacom and CS2 were working fine and dandy yesterday for the chisler.

I'd also like to be able to sit in a pub, use their wi-fi, have a pint and watch filth/play WOW.
LOL - class..

Unless you roll ally then BOOO!!!

I got the ASUS 901 yesterday which seemed to have addresses all the problems with the previous model..i'll keep ya posted.

LOL - class..

Unless you roll ally then BOOO!!!

I got the ASUS 901 yesterday which seemed to have addresses all the problems with the previous model..i'll keep ya posted.
did you get the linux or xp one? i got the linux one (in shiny black) and it rules.

Ooh... what machine is that Goff?

The advent from PC World. You wouldn't do much photoshopping on it tbh, cos the screen is only 10 inches. But it's handy if you're out and about.

I really only want it for bukes and internet when travelling. Fits into camera bag. Weighs feck all.

But if you're thinking of doing some serious photoshopping, better off getting a more powerful (and more expensive) laptop.

Set up a Remote admin back to my downloading machine at home.

I was checking/changing my torrents from the bar in Cineworld yesterday...

Medion Akoya (MSI Wind/Advent rebadge) is on sale in Aldi on Sunday. For €399.99 though. A whole €60 more than PC World are selling the exact same machine for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back