midlands (1 Viewer)

i bought day tickets the other day to see Mozaik & Low :(

Due to unprecedented public reaction, promoters of Midlands at Ballinlough Castle, Meath, Europe's ONLY contemporary country music festival, have extended the length the concert each day and decided to implement a one-stage policy.

Because of the incredible line up promoters were going to spread the artists out over various stages which meant some of the big names clashed. However, country music fans were disappointed at the prospect of having to choose between their favourite artists. Promoters have therefore decided to introduce a one-stage policy which will allow fans to see all the country greats on the one stage.

lineup now is

Kenny Rogers, Jackson Browne, Emmylou Harris, Loudon Wainwright, Nanci Griffith, Guy Clarke, Darden Smith- Friday 28th July
Dwight Yoakam, Van Morrison, Glen Campbell, Don McLean, Del McCoury Band, Tony Joe White, The Hillybilly All Stars- Saturday 29th July !bog

sounds like the gig has stiffed and they're cutting back to save cash. Low were due to play the Foggy Notions stage - maybe some promoter will put them on somewhere else rather than in a field of stetson-wearing line-dancers

I heard ticket sales were good for this. That's a real shame if it meant cuttiing the bill. Lambchop, Low, and Caca Seamus were the only reasons I was going aside from the guilty pleasure factor of singing along to "The Gambler" and other big country hits obviously...

ilovehoovering said:
Because of the incredible line up promoters were going to spread the artists out over various stages which meant some of the big names clashed. However, country music fans were disappointed at the prospect of having to choose between their favourite artists. Promoters have therefore decided to introduce a one-stage policy which will allow fans to see all the country greats on the one stage.[/SIZE][/I]

what a load of baloney

Pilchard said:
sounds like the gig has stiffed and they're cutting back to save cash

apparetnly thats exactly what happened. since when have festival promoters cared about clashing acts before?

fr jack hackett said:
AGAIN WITH THE BIG TEXT, WHY???
TO PUT MYSELF ON A PAR WITH SIR EDMUND HILARY...

"BECAUSE IT WAS THERE"

UP YOURS FATHER SACK JACKET...

THERE ARE A FEW LAWS IN THIS UNIVERSE... AND ME TYPIN' BIG WHILE LISTENING TO DIAMOND DAVID LEE ROTH IS ONE OF THEM!!

ALLAHQUANNNNDO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back