Michael Moore - Royal College Of Surgeons (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Michael Moore is doing a talk thing in the Royal College of Surgeons next monday night.

Tickets are €5 from Easons on Nassau Street but they only had 10 left at 9.25 this morning...

That was fun.

Was moved to Liberty Hall. Nice new comfy seats.

Started 30 minutes late & he was "interviewed" for maybe 75 minutes or so - i think the organisers (easons & penguin books) cut it short to ensure they sold more books. Which is fair enough, i spose, but some more questions from the floor would have been good.

There was the usual quota of fuckers with their own agenda who love the sound of their own voices, from 80 year old water divining ladies to SWP style "why wouldn't people get off their arses and sit on a bus down to Shannon at 9am yesterday morning?" types. (Moore's answer (paraphrased) - "Maybe they don't like people asking them why won't they get off their arses? Maybe you should, you know, try to actually engage with them instead of talking at them?")

Some stupid fucker up on the balcony wouldn't shut the fuck up, going on and on and on and on about.... jesus i can't even remember what he was ranting on about (it involved america in some way, duhh), but the people heckling him were good ("We didn't pay to listen to you", "Which one's Michael Moore?" etc).

Best question from the audience of the night - "Getting back to your earlier point about people mainly being lazy lard-asses - do you think your image helps you gain acceptance?"

ho ho ho

so pissed off I missed this

finally reading stupid white men, great book

the bit about where he ran for head of the teachers' council or whatever and won at the age of 18, ending up as his principal's boss, that was gas

i saw his show in the roundhouse theatre in london last month and it was really good...he told the story of how he ran for a seat on the local school council...it was hillarious. His only policy was to get the school principal fired and he capitalised on the stoner vote...of course, lots of concerned citizens were appaled by this and decided to run against him, thereby splitting the vote and he got elected...and it only took him 3 months to convince the school board to fire the principal.

he also called a few places in Bhagdad like a KFC and another fast food place which was a bit strange...the guys didn't speak much English and as far as I know he stopped doing this (it was a mont long show).

Apparently, Laser in Ranelagh has a copy of his Documentary "roger and me" in case nobody has seen it...it's well worth seeing.

Originally posted by P. Littbarski
Apparently, Laser in Ranelagh has a copy of his Documentary "roger and me" in case nobody has seen it...it's well worth seeing.

just across the road from work. might pop in.

so... did the swp organise a papersellingfrenzy for this? they did for the noam chomsky thing in ucd.

didn't see any there meself

can't help thinking of that new evening herald radio ad - "a newpaper seller on almost every corner"

I think roger and me is on at the IFC soon / was on a little while ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back