Mice Parade Appreciation Thread (2 Viewers)

Wheels

Website
www.delicious9.com
The new album sounds feckin' deadly (although yer one from Múm's' voice still irritates me). I've been a fan since the Mokoondi record, which jsut blew me away. Pierce is such an amazing musician, I'd really love to see Mice Parde live. Got to see him with HIM in The Sugar Club, and got a real taste for what he can do then. Seemed like a really nice bloke too.

The new album is amazing. Best thing i've heard in ages.
So different to how he started... much more song-based and less 'world music-y' but it's still brilliant.
I really like his voice, like a less irritating smoother David Grubbs.

And yes, he was great at that HIM gig.
But you were great at that HIM gig too, Wheels.

Yeah i absolutely love Mice Parade. I've got their new one and bem vinda vontade, and i just got Obrigado Saudade yesterday.

Savage buzz!

Favourite track has to be waterslide off bemvinda.

And as for Kristin Anna Valtysdótti, i love her to bits so i do.

are this band related to wolf parade, frog brigade, wolf eyes, patrick wolf or frog eyes?

man i just realised that Mice Parade is an anagram of Adam Pierce!! ;)

new album is probably their best so far:)

p.s. if any one wants to trade/buy a copy of their "Ramda" album offa me just PM me...need more space!

wax the nip

this is weird , I was just thinking of them the other day
i noticed on the today fm site dineen is playing loads of
the new album and thinking i must check it out

listen to green grass of tunnel by mum
its whack altogether

listen to green grass of tunnel by mum
its whack altogether

as in amazing? yes! correct:)

yr wan whose voice seems to annoy people (not me tho!) has now left mum and formed a band with her huband from the animal collective and they released that backwards album a while ago....
PAW15_BIG.jpg

One of the very few good bands to make it to Kyoto. Mice Parade are playing here next week. Cannae wait to see Scharin live again. What a deadly drummer that chap is. My favourites on the new LP are still the ones with the wans singing. Especially Laetitia Sadier. She could make anything sound good. Except for that Monade LP that I flogged... Ahem...

Pierce is such an amazing musician, I'd really love to see Mice Parde live. Got to see him with HIM in The Sugar Club, and got a real taste for what he can do then. Seemed like a really nice bloke too.

That was a fab gig! Very poor turnout though. When himself and Scharin were there bashing away together - asso. He made a nice dig at the other Him too - "you guys heard that other Him? Yeah, (starts laughing then) they're shit right?"

I really like the first Mice Parade. Liked some stuff off the last Mice Parade, but generally found it to fall victim of the law of diminishing returns. Some lovely percussion on there all the same.

And also Rob King on keyboards - I totally revere that guy. Equal parts Bruce Dern, Bruce Forsythe and Denis Leary.

Here Charlie isn't that new Avey Tare & his wife album inspired by 'Inland Empire'? I've heard it's quite awful. What's your view on it?

i've always been underwhelmed by Mice Parade. I like some songs but not whole albums.

I've an album he did with the Dylan Group. They "do" an amzing version of the Orb's Towers of Dub.

I'm the opposite to most of you. I love Ramda, True Meaning of Boodlebaye and Mokoondi. Can't stand the vocals on the last few.

Here Charlie isn't that new Avey Tare & his wife album inspired by 'Inland Empire'? I've heard it's quite awful. What's your view on it?

yeah apparently they were snowed in for a few days in their pad in nyc and had just seen the movie so they flipped their album tapes backwards. i have only heard 2 songs from it and threw them into wavelab to reverse the reverse and listen to them the righwayround and they sound grand that way - sparse acoustic type stuff (think mum unplugged crossed with animal collectives "campfire songs") - an entire backwards album would be a headwreck!! its a curious move - people will either just download the album and reverse it to see what it really sounds like and thats hardly a good reason to go out and buy the album!! but it was a great pr stunt!;)

the film wrecked my head too so......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back