Memory Man (1 Viewer)

limited compared to a lot of other delay pedal's...but it has it's own unique sound
i dig it

what you want it for? guitar / synth / vocals?

limited compared to a lot of other delay pedal's...but it has it's own unique sound
i dig it

what you want it for? guitar / synth / vocals?

for guitar

i have a dd-6 which is pretty good, but i wanted something that sounded a bit more like an echo plex
the delay time is kinda short though isn't it?

i like this

tcdelay.jpg

i dunno... isn't the memory man expensive too? i paid about £200 for that, which is alot.
t-rex make nice digital pedals too - tc electronic and t-rex delays have that 'filter' mode that softens the delay, so it sounds more like tape echo

test em out, that's the way forward!

memory man is 260 tc electronics is bout 360

just listened to some sample stuff there, filtered delay sounds awesome!
i think i'll go for the vintage delay!

to be honest you need both!
i've got the replica for the longer stuff it's stunning! the filter mode does kill the treble a bit which is great but i still love my DM-2 for the analog stuff,i use it for adding space/odd noises more than a rhythmic effect like the replica,both are great .|..|

ive got an original memory man but its not really that reliable so i dont use it anymore.
its pretty sweet though. but i'd only really use it as an echo or to play with the time knob and make it go bwwwrrrreeeeeuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeeeughhurglurlgurlg

ive got an original memory man but its not really that reliable so i dont use it anymore.
its pretty sweet though. but i'd only really use it as an echo or to play with the time knob and make it go bwwwrrrreeeeeuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeeeughhurglurlgurlg

it's always "original" with you isn't it?

if it isn't original memory men it's original 501's or something

they are big bucks alright, i wonder if the behringer copy is anygood? its in a metal case not plastic like the other pedals they do.

the behringer one is quite a let down so i wouldn't recommend that one...not too pleased with that purchase at all..but it is cheap as chips and i like to think that even if i don't use it now i might use it in next few years...i've got a dd6 too but am thinking of investing in a loop station just to see what it can offer....but first to get my mitts on 249euro!

I'd just give my twopence worth opinion on the MemoryMan...
I have an old second hand one, not sure what year and how "original" it is, people go on about the old old ones having a better original chip etc. Mines got plenty scratchs so its got some age on it. Anyways..
Pros:
1. great nice warm analog sounding delay with some funny effects when knobs tweaked as mentioned above.
2. simulates a tape echo machine very well in that you can add a smidge of chorus using the chorus knob and it sounds like a tape machine "flutter" as it goes in and out of tune. Great for John Martyn impersonations.
3. Nice vibrato and chorus setting if thats your thing. Though I'm not into chorus affect so it might suck compared to dedicated chorus pedals?
Cons:
1. Its damn big, as big as three standard pedals put side by side.
2. Does add a bit of shhhh noise and needs time to warm up.
3. No numbers on the knobs so remembering your favourite settings is a bit of guess work.
4. separate little power supply adaptor (which pisses some people off) which is at a funny rating so say it might be hard to replace.

But I give it a thumbs up, way better than a digital delay cause of its tweakability and warm sound.

Other more expensive delays people rave about if you have the money...
Maxon AD-999/900,
Diamond Memory Lane
and of course the Moogfooger Analog delay

I have a Boss loop station too, but would only use if for practising and figuring out or writing solos, wouldn't really use if for live stuff. But some do use them live but generally as solo performers.

Anyways, said too much, rock on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back