Megadrive Question (1 Viewer)

paul-

I picked up a sega megadrive there at a sale of work thing over the weekend and I have a feeling Im missing a cable.
I got one cable with it,the RF output that goes into your TVs antenna input.
Anybody know what the other cable is,and if theres anywhere at all where i could pick one up.
Thanks.

paul- said:
I picked up a sega megadrive there at a sale of work thing over the weekend and I have a feeling Im missing a cable.
Anybody know what the other cable is,and if theres anywhere at all where i could pick one up.
Thanks.
would imagine its a power cable.the power rating is prob on the back or bottom of the megadrive.you could get an adaptor in argos or whatever if its a normal lookin connection.

hanley said:
would imagine its a power cable.the power rating is prob on the back or bottom of the megadrive.you could get an adaptor in argos or whatever if its a normal lookin connection.
Ah sorry,forgot to mention I got the adaptor with it.Be a bit of a dunce if I dident figure that one out.thanks anyway.
Basically theres an 8 pin input on the actual console that im guessing goes into the RF output because thats got a little plastic input on the cable itself before it goes into the TV.
If that makes any sense??...Ill give it another examination myself in a while,might figure out exactly what type of cable it is,but if anyone knew where to get one thatd be great.

Yeah,your right it is an AV port.Thanks.
So is there actually such thing as an AV to scart cable.Theres no scart inputs on the console like.

if i remember right the megadrive had a kind of dongle thing that you plugged into back of md then plugged red white yellow cables into it, have no fudgin idea where you would get one now

paul- said:
Thanks.

don't remember that well but it sounds like you're talking about the thing that connected the mega drive to the mega cd. maybe.

if this is the proper old school one, you got a cable out to a little box with a switch on it that says "RF" and "Ant". you plug your tv antenna into the "Ant", the megadrive runs through the rf. when you want to play, switch to rf, when something good is on telly, switch the box to "Ant". if you have cable, this may not apply.

the bongo said:
if this is the proper old school one, you got a cable out to a little box with a switch on it that says "RF" and "Ant". you plug your tv antenna into the "Ant", the megadrive runs through the rf. when you want to play, switch to rf, when something good is on telly, switch the box to "Ant". if you have cable, this may not apply.
ah deadly stuff,thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back