Meeting People (1 Viewer)

Mini-skirts were in style when she danced down the aisle
Back in '63 (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
But it's hard to get by when your arse is the size
Of a small country

He also refers to her as a jolly hostess earlier in the verse. I always thought that National Express was a coach service. I've never seen anyone selling grub on a coach before.

Mini-skirts were in style when she danced down the aisle
Back in '63 (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
But it's hard to get by when your arse is the size
Of a small country

He also refers to her as a jolly hostess earlier in the verse. I always thought that National Express was a coach service. I've never seen anyone selling grub on a coach before.

That fucker's never been on a public bus in his life I'd bet.

That fucker's never been on a public bus in his life I'd bet.

Have you met him? You're being pretty nasty and judgmental towards someone who doesn't seem to have ever done you any harm. I've travelled on National Express Coaches and the song gives a pretty accurate description of the experience, so he at least did some research.

He showed up at the thing in Road Records with his wife/partner and a little one in a buggy, on foot, just the three of them. He came across as very friendly and down to earth, made some jokes about being a short arse and how nobody would be able to see him and then climbed up on to the counter. I think he even played requests, having to ad lib a few of them because he'd never performed them solo before and hadn't practiced.

If he's not actually sound then he should go into acting, Oscars galore lie in his future.

While eating a shitty Mexican meal yesterday on my own I realised that I'd like to go out with someone purely to not feel like the saddest man on Earth every time I dine out. I am not sure if this would provide a healthy foundation for a relationship, I also doubt anyone would touch me with a barge pole in my current state.

While eating a shitty Mexican meal yesterday on my own I realised that I'd like to go out with someone purely to not feel like the saddest man on Earth every time I dine out. I am not sure if this would provide a healthy foundation for a relationship, I also doubt anyone would touch me with a barge pole in my current state.
A few weeks ago I went into a Turkish restaurant to have dinner on my own. The waiter tried to put me into a window seat but I asked to be sat in the back. Didn’t want to be on display on my own in the window. Having said that I prefer to go to the cinema alone.

Eating on your own is perfectly fine. An sort-of ex of mine wrote a miserable poem about it called Eating Alone or Dinner For One or something like that. I get the sentiment but for me eating out by myself means that for this one meal at least I haven't also gone shopping for one and cooking for one and it'll probably taste quite nice and I might get a chapter of my book in while I wait.

I'm with Shaney. I used to quite enjoy going out for a meal on my own with a good book (nowdays a chance would be a fine thing). Eating something I hadn't cooked myself, no clearing the table or washing up to do. A table for two, or even for four, on my own never bothered me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back