mdc galway (1 Viewer)

They're run by a guy that used to work for "they who must not be named". As far as I can see they're nothing more than another cover company for em. They just take the slightly "too alternative" bands that don't really fit in with "they who must not bed named"'s client list, but will still pull a crowd and hence the cash.

Simple as.

M.D.C = classic punk rock!

Dave Dictor, the only consistent member and the force that has held MDC in all it's incarnations together, presently lives in Portland Oregon, as does AlSchvitz. So MDC currently bases itself in Portland though the other two members, Ron and Mikey live abroad in Venezuela and Holland respectively. The four present members are the original four from a quarter of a century ago and therefore represent over 100 years of punk rock experience. Dave's partner and Al's son also work with the band. They still remain true to their politics and vegetarianism. and they still hate cops!

Originally known to many as the Stains (not the other band of the same name - and before that, the Reejex), the band's name was later changed to MDC (Millions of Dead Cops). This bit of brilliance courtesy of Buxf Parrot, the hardcore bass player of our "sister band," The Dicks. MDC put out (when still the Stains) their first two-song single as a 45 in 1981 which included their first classic hit and the still ever-popular "John Wayne was a Nazi" plus b-side "Born To Die." The original lineup of the band included Dave, AlSchvitz, and Mikey Offender Donaldson (R.I.P.- sadly Mikey passed away last year) and (x-con ron) Ron Posner.

After their early 80's start, MDC has released approximately one album every other year, (give or take), continuing recently with full lengths 1993's "Shades of Brown" and most recently with "Now More Than Ever", a compilation/20 year retrospective of the band's work and the brand new "Magnus Dominus Corpus"

Live - APRIL 5TH, WHELANS.
Special guests: Only Fumes & Corpses.
Tickets: €13.00 inc booking fee from www.tickets.ie and WAV 1890700028

They're run by a guy that used to work for "they who must not be named". As far as I can see they're nothing more than another cover company for em. They just take the slightly "too alternative" bands that don't really fit in with "they who must not bed named"'s client list, but will still pull a crowd and hence the cash.

Simple as.
I was under the impression there was no current connection. The promoter is out on his own now.

I was under the impression there was no current connection. The promoter is out on his own now.

I'm under this impression too and he's putting on a lot of good gigs at decent enough prices(for non-diy) so fair play to him.

Gaz from Moutpiece used to play guitar for Millions of dead cops..or so the story goes..
The story is...
I had a band called ROTTWEILER,which was me,Al Batross from ludichrist.|..| and Matt van cura who wuz the bass player in mdc at that time.Well the way it panned out,I was way flakey at that time and I had to leg.The guitarist in mdc was on the outs.I was IN there like flynn there.But I was mad paranoid about getting another atempted murder go down on my arse, cos I kept see'in the dude that done me around on the street and I was quite literrally losin' it.So I ran.If you mention it to Dave he will verify this.If he can remember.I did'nt till now.

Al batross is one of the worlds grearest drummers.He wrote green eggs and ham.

mdcnet.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back