MASTODON Confirm Irish dates (1 Viewer)

Good show in Cork last night. Sounding big, even as a three piece. Guitarist was rocking a 12 string. Nice cover of the Melvins too (The Bit) and Thin Lizzy. Should sound great tonight in Vicar Street I'd imagine.

that was kinda disappointing. they did as well as i can imagine they could as only a three piece, but the sound was pretty rough and dampened it for me, too quiet overall, weird reverb on the drums and horrible tom booming, and the bass was barely audible at all. bah

fingers crossed sound is better at atp.

that was kinda disappointing. they did as well as i can imagine they could as only a three piece, but the sound was pretty rough and dampened it for me, too quiet overall, weird reverb on the drums and horrible tom booming, and the bass was barely audible at all. bah

fingers crossed sound is better at atp.

pretty spot on assessment. i assumed that, down to one guitar, the sound guy would dirty up the bass and crank the remaining guitar. but overall it was WAY to quiet, i took out my earplugs! the lads were totally going for it though, fair play.

it's the second time i've seen them sound iffy. they need a new sound guy. its pretty hard to sound crap in vicar street.

Now i'm less pissed off at missing that.

Sound was awful in the Ambassador and at the tool show as well. I reckon you'd need to see them in a whelans size venue or smaller...

I've seen them sound good before. ATP a couple of years ago. Last night was rough and it really missed the second guitar. Fiend Without a Face was funny for 10 minutes, then boring for the following 35. Overall: meh.

I thought this gig was fucking great! Yeah the second guitar was missed, but I was really blown away with how well they pulled the stuff off. Cranking the bass more would have made it sound too muddy I think, especially given his bass sound.

The sound started off a bit ropey, especially with some crazy reverb on the drums bit it cleaned up by about 3rd song in and I could hear everything pretty clear. Drum rolls sounded cool with some pretty wide stereo panning across the speakers.

Tis the first big gig in years though where I haven't had to wear ear plugs. Kinda odd for a metal gig but it's better to have decent sound at a comfortable level I guess. Sound last time in the Ambassador was total shit, and apparently their sound on their last few tours has been awful so it sounds like their sound dude should get the sack asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back