Manu thread? (1 Viewer)

Right now this does pain me to say it.

But

Does anyone else think that as Man Us squad has gotten worse (and it fucking has) Alex Fergusson has gotten less of a cunt ?

Seriously he sounded almost "sound" after tonight. Like he'd finally watched the same match as the rest of us.

Is it just me?

Right now this does pain me to say it.

But

Does anyone else think that as Man Us squad has gotten worse (and it fucking has) Alex Fergusson has gotten less of a cunt ?

Seriously he sounded almost "sound" after tonight. Like he'd finally watched the same match as the rest of us.

Is it just me?

classic narcissistic personality disorder. takes full credit when it's going well, distances himself when it's tits up.

anyway, the ones i feel sorry for now are channel 5

and while the standard of english football's dropped a good bit since 3/4 years ago, what about bilbao? over both legs they were fucking amazing. proper swashbuckling football. like barcelona on pills. llorente, de marcos, iraola, and fucking muniain - his humiliation of rafael for the third at old trafford was so well deserved. but just the way they play is so uplifting, so compelling. it was like those classic world cup teams i saw on videos as a kid. if i were watching those two games, over both legs, as a 9 year old today, bilbao would be my team for life. they should have scored about 6 goals last night but they were too giddy on their own superiority. fucking heros. getting emotional here.

I was out and just got the results now, Fucking hell it seems Everton have two games left to play for the season now, 20 years without a win at Old Trafford 40 years since we scored a penalty, is it going to go to the wire curtosy of Leighton Baines ?

You heard it hear first.

bonkers game. great performance by the toffees. usually would write a team off at old trafford when they're two up with ten to go but everton always looked a threat going forward. delighted. fellaini was immense

We've known for a long time that Fellani is the best midfielder in the premiership, unfortunately he has had a habit of keeping this a secret by being injured or having 10 other lads injured around him and having to keep us alive by himself.

City bottled it when the pressure was on, then played with freedom, scored 12 goals in 3 games and looked terrific when it was "over". Can they do it against united now, or will the pressure tell again? This is the worst united team since Darren Ferguson's day, and if they win the premier league...well, i don't know. Cancel football?

most teams don't even bother turning up at old trafford. What's the point? They've been aided by transitions from Chelsea and Arsenal, inexperience from City, burnout from spurs and being utterly shit by Liverpool. I wonder if united lose will it signal the beginning of the end? Does the team need a total overhaul? Can fergie do it again? Will united ever match city's dosh? Can Arse, Chelsea and liverpool ever get their teams back in order? So much to ponder.

most teams don't even bother turning up at old trafford. What's the point? They've been aided by transitions from Chelsea and Arsenal, inexperience from City, burnout from spurs and being utterly shit by Liverpool. I wonder if united lose will it signal the beginning of the end? Does the team need a total overhaul? Can fergie do it again? Will united ever match city's dosh? Can Arse, Chelsea and liverpool ever get their teams back in order? So much to ponder.

To be fair to United they are usually very well organised at the back, what they lack in midfield (which is just about everything) they make up for in wide men and a truly great centre forward in Rooney. But that's it really. They get by because teams are not attacking them properly, We did it for large portions of yesterday, Newcastle did it, Blackburn did it, Basel did it, Bilbao did it and that's just this season. Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal always do it and even a half decent side from that list is capable of winning at OT. But that's it, everyone else is afraid of them.

So it has to be said that Fergie is a genuis in that way, he's set up a team where the major factor in their success is the aura around the club rather than the actuall personelle in the team. "Lesser sides" (I hate that term) seem to turn up thinking they're going to have to play against the ghost of George fucking Best, that's unbelievable. and it's not even down to the supporters being all that vocal in making OT a hostile enviroment, they were silent yesterday. In answer to your questions Hector Grey I think (there's the kiss of death for a post right there) that when United start to fall by the wayside it will be a case of the rest of the PL peaking behind the curtain like in the Wizard of Oz and realising that it's just a red faced scot with a bunch of average players who play to a system because they're in awe him. Can't wait for that day to come actually. And if you want proof of this look at how every ex United playe who's now a manager sets their team up against United. It's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back