Making Mayonaise (1 Viewer)

love making mayonaise meself.my top tip for making it well and to banish any taste of raw egg(which i hate)is to heat your vinegar in a pan for about a minute or less and whack that with the eggs and mustard.best done in a processor or liquidizer thingy.hellman's is rubbishy crap.

I love mayonnaise. Haven't tried doing it at home though so i always buy the commercial ones. I'd like to give it a try and find out the difference.:rolleyes: Who knows?..might even do a better tasting mayo.:D Details on 'how' pls.

get your blender out, put the blades in.
throw in two eggs, a good pinch of salt, a corner of the lid of the english mustard powder and a fairly decent splash of ok white vinegar.
pulse the blender to get that mixed, dont go overboard though.
Once its mixed, get a bottle of sunflower oil, and start the blender, and slowly pour the oil in, spinning the blender all the time.
Keep going, more or less with as thin line of oil as you can and eventually the mix will turn white and start folding.
Keep going as long as you dare, if you put too much oil in the emulsion will just fall apart, and the mayo will separate, if its not enough the mayo will be weak and pissy.

Some people put a tiny drop of water in at the end to give it that really gleaming white look, as i told you it will be slightly off white.
You could also take out the yolks, if you can be bothered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back