Major Complaints Thread (3 Viewers)

Following on from dental matters discussion on this thread...

Loveable chancer Keith Duffy is doing a documentary on RTE 1 at 9:35 tonight called:
Keith's Teeth: A Dental Odyssey.

"Keith Duffy traces the fast-changing story of Irish people's relationship with their teeth".

I'll give it a watch before I decide to get dentures. G'WAN KEITH

I reckon Marty goes to the same dentist as Keeeh (I'd say he's sound Buh) Duffy

3UHDW4WIYP2IDKBU7ELXXTMS3Q.jpg

Following on from dental matters discussion on this thread...

Loveable chancer Keith Duffy is doing a documentary on RTE 1 at 9:35 tonight called:
Keith's Teeth: A Dental Odyssey.

"Keith Duffy traces the fast-changing story of Irish people's relationship with their teeth".

I'll give it a watch before I decide to get dentures. G'WAN KEITH
I finally watched this.
a lot of it was about budget treatments in Turkey that were complete crazy cosmetic unnecessary and horrific.
I had to turn it off when one woman was talking about having a 10 y.o. plate of damaged teeth (rather than teeth being implanted individually) pulled out an replaced again in Turkey.

People with good teeth are paying a lot of money and tolerating considerable pain to have this nonsense done.
I was shocked and upset hearing about this.

I finally watched this.
a lot of it was about budget treatments in Turkey that were complete crazy cosmetic unnecessary and horrific.
I had to turn it off when one woman was talking about having a 10 y.o. plate of damaged teeth (rather than teeth being implanted individually) pulled out an replaced again in Turkey.

People with good teeth are paying a lot of money and tolerating considerable pain to have this nonsense done.
I was shocked and upset hearing about this.

Friend of mine is an oral surgeon and I asked him recently about the Turkey teeth phenomena, he brought it into the wider area of dental tourism.

His opinion was that if you go to Hungary or Bulgaria for treatment then it's much of muchness to here, you might get a good dentist, you might get a bad one, but said he'd never advise someone to go to Turkey as the variance in quality at the bottom end is wild.

They've booming cosmetic industries in general in Turkey, loads of bald frauds go off there for plugs, people go for lipo work.

Friend of mine is an oral surgeon and I asked him recently about the Turkey teeth phenomena, he brought it into the wider area of dental tourism.

His opinion was that if you go to Hungary or Bulgaria for treatment then it's much of muchness to here, you might get a good dentist, you might get a bad one, but said he'd never advise someone to go to Turkey as the variance in quality at the bottom end is wild.

They've booming cosmetic industries in general in Turkey, loads of bald frauds go off there for plugs, people go for lipo work.
BALD AND PROUD

I watched a load of YouTube videos on scalp pigmentation recently. Basically they tattoo thousands of dots on to top of someone's head so it gives the appearance of a full hair line that is shaved to a zero all over. I dunno....I don't think it's a good idea.

I had a notion reading all this horror over the last couple of days: I would strongly consider voting for anyone who could believably deliver free dental care. I think it's a total win, when you consider how it affects physical and mental health.

But dental health is physical health. Your mouth is a part of your body. If you had a bad foot that would affect your mobility and from there your overall health. If you had bad teeth that would affect your diet and from there your overall health. Gum disease is linked to brains finding it harder to flush out proteins linked to alzheimers. Taking care of your teeth is an overall lifestyle thing and if you didn't do it for 20 years they might well fall out.

Dental care is basically free.
Just brush your teeth and get on some kind of regular cleaning schedule with a dentist.
These are very doable things.
And it's never really too late.

I'm saying this here.
But really I'm more yelling it mentally at me-from-20-years-ago

This Johnny, that’s so much more reassuring.
I get pain every few years and the dentist talks about one day removing the tooth, but so far it hasn't happened*. I also have no fillings** and I'm a decade older than you.

*jinx
**double jinx

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back