Major Complaints Thread (3 Viewers)

I was trying to empty a 15kg bag of dog food into a big bucket and spilled it all over the place. It nearly broke me cleaning it up, if I had have had a can of petrol to hand I more than likely would have set fire to the house and walked away.

My local mechanics are pissing me off too. They just wont answer the phone. Luckily we live nearby and my missus is on night shifts so she can drive over and see what the story is with my car.

But .. fucks sakes like

Need to get new garage doors, and just got an *outrageous* quote from a company. Thing is I know they did the exact same doors for a friend for less than half they're quoting me.

They're totally chancing their arm and I'm sure would immediately drop the price if I query it, but fuck it, I hate when companies try to pull that shit, they've lost my business.

I think my family might be cursed.
My sister is now looking in to wither you can get an exercisiom done on all of us. I think she might have finally lost it.

Had my car for 4 years. Never a jot of trouble with it. Over the summer one of the warning lights started flashing intermittently. No big deal. Left the car in for a scheduled service in early September and asked them to check out the warning light. They 'fixed it' at a cost of €400. I paid, the went out and got into the car. The light came on, and stayed on. Went back in and told them they hadn't fixed it but I needed the car over the weekend so I'd drop it back into them the next week. Over the weekend the battery started running down for no reason. So they actually created a problem that hadn't been there AND the light was on all the time.

Dropped the car back into them the following week. That was 5 weeks ago. They (a full on VW dealer) can't fix it and have been getting pre programmed parts couriered to them from VW in Germany, which are not doing the job. Keep in mind that I drove the car in for a scheduled service, and now its not running at all.

Getting rather nervous now. Have called consumer advice about it and if they (the dealer) decide to be dicks - I've no reason to believe they will be as they seem as exasperated as me - there are several strands of the Sale of Good and Service act that I can call on. That being said I just want my fucking car back.

Had my car for 4 years. Never a jot of trouble with it. Over the summer one of the warning lights started flashing intermittently. No big deal. Left the car in for a scheduled service in early September and asked them to check out the warning light. They 'fixed it' at a cost of €400. I paid, the went out and got into the car. The light came on, and stayed on. Went back in and told them they hadn't fixed it but I needed the car over the weekend so I'd drop it back into them the next week. Over the weekend the battery started running down for no reason. So they actually created a problem that hadn't been there AND the light was on all the time.

Dropped the car back into them the following week. That was 5 weeks ago. They (a full on VW dealer) can't fix it and have been getting pre programmed parts couriered to them from VW in Germany, which are not doing the job. Keep in mind that I drove the car in for a scheduled service, and now its not running at all.

Getting rather nervous now. Have called consumer advice about it and if they (the dealer) decide to be dicks - I've no reason to believe they will be as they seem as exasperated as me - there are several strands of the Sale of Good and Service act that I can call on. That being said I just want my fucking car back.
Never go to the big dealerships. They're by far the priciest and don't have a clue until they hook it up to the machine and usually their answer is new parts which can create more problems than they fix in the process.

empathy like

My car is back at the garage today after they didn't fix it properly yesterday..they shouldn't charge me again to fix the same issue but I bet they will

Never go to the big dealerships. They're by far the priciest and don't have a clue until they hook it up to the machine and usually their answer is new parts which can create more problems than they fix in the process.

Yeah, but I've been burned going to the 'little' guys too. Had a guy down the road that looked after me for years, but with electrical shit they frequently don't have the skills, or the equipment needed to diagnose the issues, and that has led to persistent problems with other cars. Regular engine part issues, fine, but with electrics I go with dealers. And to be fair, I've used this dealer since I got the motor and they've never ripped me off. Services are around €130 to €150 per year, which is what you'll pay anywhere.

It's bullshit though, and you are correct. Some drone plugged in the diagnostics machine in on day one, and did what it told them to do. There was zero troubleshooting done.

Yeah, but I've been burned going to the 'little' guys too. Had a guy down the road that looked after me for years, but with electrical shit they frequently don't have the skills, or the equipment needed to diagnose the issues, and that has led to persistent problems with other cars. Regular engine part issues, fine, but with electrics I go with dealers. And to be fair, I've used this dealer since I got the motor and they've never ripped me off. Services are around €130 to €150 per year, which is what you'll pay anywhere.

It's bullshit though, and you are correct. Some drone plugged in the diagnostics machine in on day one, and did what it told them to do. There was zero troubleshooting done.
Fair enough, you know what you're doing by the sound of it just got unlucky this time. You're warranty didn't just run out or anything?

That was my initial thougths alright.

My car is in the garage right now. I'm on the look out for "my guy" so we'll see how this goes. He seems ok so far. There a LOADS of garages around here so one would think he's aware of this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back